Manipulation with the London gold fix

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

While it's nice that someone from Moody's wrote a paper and Bloomberg decided it was authoritative enough to report on it, this sentence:
... is not supportable. Pretty sure you can find a wealth of complaints about "the fix" on GATA and elsewhere.

http://www.goldcore.com/us/gold-blog/new-gold-fix-run-western-chinese-banks-still-not-transparent/

back in October 2011, Swissaustrian had only been with us for a few weeks and the price of gold fell from 1269 to 1240 in a day .........
We were all dutifully outraged and a bunch of graphs were able to indicate that the downward manipulation was pretty regular.

So whats new ?

In retrospect, the real question must be how can they do this so openly and for so long with impunity ?

perhaps not ......

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/02/24/uk-usa-banks-probe-idUKKBN0LS07R20150224

This is "rich":
http://gata.org/node/15304

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/06/us-gold-china-fix-idUSKBN0NR06J20150506

If the NWO gold/SDR plan comes to fruition, this will further empower China's position.

China holds all the cards here. If they work out an actual benchmark price based upon true price discovery without the influence of paper, I'm all for it. The Crimex and LBMA would be redundant overnight and cease to exist in a month.

Why would China be any different ?

As long as it suits those who control, the POG will not be set by any markets.

When some kind of event occurs and paper burns, then the metals will shine.

I was thinking similarly. Right now it would seem there is collusion to keep the price low for the benefit of China (et. al.?). Once China has what they need and have a seat and voice at the big boy's table, why wouldn't they play ball as long as they are beneficiaries? I see this as leverage to ensure their voice is respected, not as a ploy to ensure market freedom. I suspect that the price of gold in the "NWO gold/SDR" system will be heavily manipulated just like it is now. Only a disorderly breakdown would unleash gold to find (or perhaps maintain is a better word) it's true market value. To be clear, I do expect some significant upward resetting of the gold price when the "NWO gold/SDR" system comes to fruition, but they are going to try and manage it.

This is a national issue and I am sure that authorities are doing their best to deal with the situation and soon enough all the problems will be sorted.

This is a national issue and I am sure that authorities are doing their best to deal with the situation and soon enough all the problems will be sorted.

heh

I feel most reassured coarsequarterly

As a first post you either have a sense of humour or you are a tad under informed

It will last as long as it takes to intimidate, pay-off or kill-off all the necessary people to make it go away.

* necro bump *

Ronan Manly doing his thing:

More (long - as usual for Mr. Manly):

Last edited:
This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.

More:

Last edited:
This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.

LBMA faces challenges as it looks to establish gold as a High Quality Liquid Asset​

(Kitco News) - Gold has established itself as a store of value for thousands of years; however, the London Bullion Market Association says it faces further work to establish it as an important financial asset within the larger global marketplace.

After helping bullion banks avoid a funding crisis because of Basel III regulation, the LBMA said they are now focused on getting physical gold recognized as a High-Quality Liquid Asset (HQLA).

According to the Basel Framework, laid out by the Bank of International Settlements (BIS), financial institutions must hold HQLA to cover their total net cash outflows over a 30-day period under the stress scenario.

More:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…