Mitch McConnell to step down in November

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

McConnell will step down as the Senate Republican leader in November after a record run in the job​

WASHINGTON (AP) — Mitch McConnell, the longest-serving Senate leader in history who maintained his power in the face of dramatic convulsions in the Republican Party for almost two decades, will step down from that position in November.

McConnell, who turned 82 last week, was set to announce his decision Wednesday in the well of the Senate, a place where he looked in awe from its back benches in 1985 when he arrived and where he grew increasingly comfortable in the front row seat afforded the party leaders.

“One of life’s most underappreciated talents is to know when it’s time to move on to life’s next chapter,” he said in prepared remarks obtained by The Associated Press. “So I stand before you today ... to say that this will be my last term as Republican leader of the Senate.”

More:

About time. I question his fitness for office as much as Biden et al.

How is Mitch the bitch stepping down like planting a tree?

The best time to have done both, was 20 years ago.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Hopefully down a big hill.
A tall icy hill. With lots of big rocks with jagged edges at the bottom.
....and lets hope he takes the commie Schumer with him.

He doesn't look very healthy.

I have seen loved ones experience so many TIAs and partial seizures that I just don't enjoy watching anyone struggling through them.

Last edited:
I have seen loved ones experience so many TIAs and partial seizures that I just don't enjoy watching anyone struggling through them.
If we had people in gov and in the msm who weren't cheering on the destruction of our nation, we wouldn't be seeing it, as people in his condition would have long been removed from gov and instead be receiving the care they obviously need.

You shouldn't enjoy watching it. No one does, but we are forced to watch by the powers that have been propping these people up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Biden I would feel sorry for Mitch if they weren't such evil people.

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. announced his support for Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) as the next Senate Republican leader.
“It’s time to promote leaders in Washington, DC who won’t kowtow to the military contractors or push us deeper into foreign conflicts,” Kennedy continued. “We need representation who will prioritize American wellness over all else. I believe @RandPaul would be an incredible successor. He’s shown great judgment and has the grit to put hardworking Americans first.”

It's about time that asshole do something good for this country.

Looks like Rand Paul is going to throw his hat in the ring:

McConnell: I’ll stay in the Senate and fight the GOP ‘isolationist movement’​

Mitch McConnell plans to keep fighting his party’s “isolationist movement” — even after he steps down as GOP leader.

The Kentucky Republican, who is leading the hawkish wing's drive to fund Ukraine, said in an interview with WHAS’s Terry Meiners that continuing to push for a brawny national security approach will be a major priority over the rest of his time in the Senate. McConnell’s term ends at the end of 2026, two years after he plans to give up his leadership post, and he said he'll serve it out in full.

More:

In other news, MIC to provide financial support for McConnell's retirement and family investment fund. /sarc

Back
Top Bottom