Most Common Passwords in 2022

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Viking

Ground Beetle
Reaction score

Most Common Passwords in 2022

The report of the fifteen most common passwords used in 2022 include the following:

• 123456 – Over 103 million uses
  • 123456789 – Over 46 million uses
  • 12345 – Over 32 million uses
  • qwerty – Over 22 million uses
  • password – Over 20 million uses
  • 12345678 – Over 14.7 million uses
  • 111111 – Over 13.3 million uses
  • 123123 – Over 10.2 million uses
  • 1234567890 – Over 9.6 million uses
  • 1234567 – Over 9.3 million uses
  • qwerty123 – Over 8.9 million uses
  • 000000 – Over 8.3 million uses
  • 1q2w3e – Over 8.2 million uses
  • aa12345678 – Over 8 million uses
  • abc123 – Over 7.1 million uses
More:

Methodology: The list of passwords was compiled in partnership with a third-party company specializing in data breach research.
They evaluated a database that contained 275,699,516 passwords in total.
Well, that doesn't really clear anything up with respect to the veracity of the data, but it's still a good reminder to think about password use.

Edit: adding up the "over # million use" numbers above yields more than 275 million (the size of the source DB). Something isn't right there...

Well, that doesn't really clear anything up with respect to the veracity of the data, but it's still a good reminder to think about password use.
Unless it’s something financial, I am pretty bad/lazy about passwords. Everything seems to require a password and I don’t have the brain bytes to remember many at one time. Double verification where they send a text code to your phone always seems to be a good idea.

Double verification where they send a text code to your phone always seems to be a good idea.
If you're on a Mac with texting you can get the verification code in a few seconds - no phone required.

If you're on a Mac with texting you can get the verification code in a few seconds - no phone required.
Yeah, I switched over to Apple a while back. It’s pretty nice how my iPad, iPhone, etc. share/talk to each other. They are very inclusive but need to work on diversity.

It’s pretty nice how my iPad, iPhone, etc. share/talk to each other.
That's the best feature of the platform. That and I never have to figure out why a video doesn't play for lack of a codec.

It also saves pwds across platforms!

Back
Top Bottom