National Guard bans Buffalo residents from streets amid blizzard, blackouts, looting, 35 dead

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
The natives are restless...!

National Guard bans Buffalo residents from streets amid blizzard, blackouts, looting, 35 dead​

"You can absolutely go out and walk to check on neighbors, go to open stores, etc. But do not drive," Eerie County Executive Mark Poloncarz warned residents via Twitter.

National Guard bans Buffalo residents from streets amid blizzard, blackouts, looting, 35 dead

Jarryd Jaeger
Vancouver, BC
Dec 27, 2022

Residents of Buffalo, New York have been barred from driving as blizzard conditions continue to batter the city, and the state's National Guard has been called in to enforce the ban.

The winter storm has resulted in dozens dead, mass blackouts, and rampant looting, as officials struggle to contain the situation.

According to WYRK, on Tuesday the New York State National Guard announced that they would be sending at least 100 military police officers to the Buffalo area to enforce the city's driving ban.

The officers will be stationed at various main intersections, and have the authority to charge motorists who break the rules with class B misdemeanors, or even impound their vehicles.

more

CHRISTMAS CHAOS: HEAVY SNOW CAUSES CHAIN ACCIDENTS, CLAIMS LIVES ACROSS THE COUNTRY​

White-out conditions across most of the U.S. has taken at least 60 lives, including 27 from western Erie County, New York. Multi-vehicle crashes from a number of states were caught-on-tape, most notably a 46-car pileup on the Ohio Turnpike.
1m

Who was the brainiac who misspelled Erie County?

It's not "Eerie." Except in the minds of Buzzfeed and Huffnpuff Post grrl-power writers.

Sounds like Katrina Buffalo style.

Buffalo: Long ago, snowmobiling was a popular sport, there, and not that expensive. Used sleds could be had for cheap; and they are JUST the ticket for getting around in such an emergency. REACT used to even recruit owners to make emergency food and rescue runs.

What, the Cuomo the Stupid and his replacement, that overpromoted assistant clerk, BAN those things?

Sounds like Katrina Buffalo style.
It could well be.

I lived there many years, but I cut all ties in 2008. I wasn't the only one.

Katrina happened because the white suburbanites, who would have been the ones to volunteer to fill sandbags (well, at least the rural people would have) obeyed the evacuation order and got outta Dodge. What was left, was a whole bunch of people who I think really had one eye on opportunities to loot-thy-neighbor.

Buffalo residents...those who could leave, have left. For good. It's not a prosperous place to be from; you can't point to many areas there that are "rich." There are a few; but in any event, getting away from a Siberian blast that's socked the whole nation, is harder than dodging a hurricane.

I think it's just the people who've remained...are like the residents of Starkesville, after Twentieth-Century Motors closed, in Atlas Shrugged. Stupid, feral and inbred.

Multi-vehicle crashes from a number of states were caught-on-tape, most notably a 46-car pileup on the Ohio Turnpike.
Stuff like that happens because of the idiots who insist on driving far too fast for conditions.

Back
Top Bottom