New Mexico governor temporarily suspends open, concealed carry across Albuquerque

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score
New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham, a Democrat, issued an emergency order on Friday suspending the right to carry guns in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding Bernalillo County for at least 30 days following recent instances of gun violence.

The governor said she expects the order to face legal challenges but that she believed she needed to act in response to recent gun-related deaths, such as an 11-year-old boy who was shot and killed outside a minor league baseball stadium earlier this week.

GOA Sues The New Mexico Governor!​

GOA Sues The New Mexico Governor!​

There is maybe 30 seconds of news there. The rest makes me forget what the point was. GOA is trying to get a temporary injunction against the governor's order. And the legal grounds seem good.

And this guy wants to waste my time blathering. Not cool. I would rather have no information (or wait for good information) than to watch some face waste my time. I hope this makes sense, but if it does not, I will try to make it plain. Some one who makes a video about any subject that does not respect my time is ... not good. "Why is one minute of your time composing or editing your video more valuable than the thousands of minutes of your viewers? You are NOT NOT NOT a noble person! Your time is NOT more valuable than your viewers. Please respect your viewer's time (life) and make their view as helpful as possible.

I'm all for it. Of course 1st I want to see the politicians security detail unarmed along with the police, FBI and any other government agents in the state. Once they are unarmed then all the criminals need to leave their guns at home.
Even then I probably wouldn't comply so I guess I'm not really all for it but if it gets the government to disarm then I will lie just like a politician.

And this guy wants to waste my time blathering. Not cool. I would rather have no information (or wait for good information) than to watch some face waste my time. I hope this makes sense, but if it does not, I will try to make it plain. Some one who makes a video about any subject that does not respect my time is ... not good. "Why is one minute of your time composing or editing your video more valuable than the thousands of minutes of your viewers? You are NOT NOT NOT a noble person! Your time is NOT more valuable than your viewers. Please respect your viewer's time (life) and make their view as helpful as possible.

John can be contacted here:

I may contact him myself later on today. Be interesting to see if he would respond and possible accept an invitation to pop on to the forum and defend / explain the vid. Who knows, maybe a way to get another member.

Been thinking of doing something like this for a while. Not just with vid creators, but with some authors of news articles. Would be neat to see if and how they would reply to comments. Sometimes they respond to critics, sometimes they don't. Nothing ventured............

There is maybe 30 seconds of news there. The rest makes me forget what the point was. GOA is trying to get a temporary injunction against the governor's order. And the legal grounds seem good.

I may contact him myself later on today. Be interesting to see if he would respond and possible accept an invitation to pop on to the forum and defend / explain the vid. Who knows, maybe a way to get another member.

Been thinking of doing something like this for a while. Not just with vid creators, but with some authors of news articles. Would be neat to see if and how they would reply to comments. Sometimes they respond to critics, sometimes they don't. Nothing ventured............

Decided to contact him myself. Here's a copy of what I sent him:

John - I'm a member and moderator on the PM BUG forum and I shared your "GOA Sues in New Mexico" video in a thread I started. Here's a link to the thread:

New Mexico governor temporarily suspends open, concealed carry across Albuquerque

One of the other members didn't care too much for the video. Here's his comments:

"There is maybe 30 seconds of news there. The rest makes me forget what the point was. GOA is trying to get a temporary injunction against the governor's order. And the legal grounds seem good.

And this guy wants to waste my time blathering. Not cool. I would rather have no information (or wait for good information) than to watch some face waste my time. I hope this makes sense, but if it does not, I will try to make it plain. Some one who makes a video about any subject that does not respect my time is ... not good. "Why is one minute of your time composing or editing your video more valuable than the thousands of minutes of your viewers? You are NOT NOT NOT a noble person! Your time is NOT more valuable than your viewers. Please respect your viewer's time (life) and make their view as helpful as possible."

I thought the video was a good one and would like to invite you to come onto the forum and refute the member's comments. You would probably have to sign up for membership to refute Someone_else's comments unless I can arrange some kind of a guest pass for you.

Here's a link to the forum.

I go by the screen name "searcher." I hope you have some spare time and accept my invitation. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your consideration.

Used my personal email in the message. If he get's back to me I'll post his reply here. Hopefully he'll pop onto the forum and reply in this thread.

The sheriff who oversees the county that includes New Mexico’s largest city, Albuquerque, vowed Monday not to enforce it, joining the county’s top prosecutor, and the Albuquerque mayor and city’s police chief.

“It’s unconstitutional, so there’s no way we can enforce that order,” Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said during a news conference. “This ban does nothing to curb gun violence.”

The gov exclaimed that something needed to be done, but she obviously is not qualified and does not know what to do.

Wow, New Mexico Gov Just Banned The Right To Keep And Bear Arms​

Sep 11, 2023

10:48

In this video, I dive deep into a disturbing move by the Governor of New Mexico, who's using public health as a guise to infringe upon our Second Amendment rights. It's not surprising, considering this has been part of a bigger plan I've been warning about for years.
Remember when Joe Biden's CDC director hinted at making gun violence a public health issue? Fast forward to today, and we have the Governor of New Mexico effectively banning the Second Amendment in her state under the guise of a public health emergency.
But don't be fooled. She's misusing her power. The law clearly states that civil rights and liberties must be protected during public health emergencies. And yes, the right to keep and bear arms is a civil liberty!
Join me as I break down the absurdity of this executive order and discuss the potential consequences it could have on our constitutional rights. We must stay vigilant and protect our liberties.

Temporary my a$$. It's a trial baloon.
Yeah...like two weeks to flatten the curve.

It's temporary, until this see ewe enn tee is removed from office and her criminal party put out of power, even if THAT is only temporary.

Because they're not "Democrats" anymore. Never have we seen such an undemocratic, tyrannical party. Call them the Stalincrats.

The gov exclaimed that something needed to be done, but she obviously is not qualified and does not know what to do.
How about like, double-fund the police?

County sheriffs can help, also...aside from big-city cops.

And then, prosecutors who prosecute. Commit a crime with a club or firebomb, you go to jail.

Same with a gun. There is no right to do illegal things with the arms that are every American's right...

... New Mexico Attorney General Raúl Torrez delivered the latest body-blow to the Governor’s authoritarian tendencies by announcing in a letter to Grisham that his office will not be defending her in court.

From NMPoliticalReport.com . . .
“Though I recognize my statutory obligation as New Mexico’s chief legal officer to defend state officials when they are sued in their official capacity, my duty to uphold and defend the constitutional rights of every citizen takes precedence,” Torrez’s letter stated. “Simply put, I do not believe that the Emergency Order will have any meaningful impact on public safety but, more importantly, I do not believe it passes constitutional muster.”

They're DARING the SCOTUS to issue rulings.

That, they can run with, as the "need" to pack the Kourt with drooling, brain-dead partisans. Loy-yehz, in the Kameltoe Her-azz style. Ali-McBeal loy-yehz. Stupid (expletive)s who can barely read, and got law degrees for their sex, for providing sex, or for their skin hues.

Test?????????? *Click off at the 8:48 mark unless you don't mind commercials.

11:18

US judge freezes New Mexico governor's gun ban​

By Andrew Hay

(Reuters) -A federal judge in New Mexico on Wednesday issued a temporary restraining order against state Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s ban on carrying guns in Albuquerque and its surrounding county, on grounds it violated the U.S. constitution.

U.S. District Court Judge David Urias said the governor's 30-day suspension of concealed and open firearm carry rights went against recent U.S. Supreme Court rulings and violated the rights of law-abding citizens to defend themselves.

“They just want the right to carry their guns,” Urias said of the several plaintiffs who requested restraining orders on Lujan Grisham's Sept. 8 emergency public health order.

More:

A federal judge in New Mexico on Wednesday issued a temporary restraining order against state Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s ban on carrying guns in Albuquerque and its surrounding county, on grounds it violated the U.S. constitution.

SAF was part of that action:

SAF comments on Federal level inaction:

The Second Amendment Foundation supports an official request by six United States Senators that U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland and the Department of Justice act swiftly and take legal action against New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s unconstitutional edict suspending Second Amendment rights in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County.

“Attorney General Garland should have acted immediately when Gov. Lujan Grisham announced her order last week,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “Instead, Garland and the DOJ have remained silent while gun rights organizations, including SAF, had to carry their water by suing to protect the constitutional rights of American citizens. It was us, not Garland and the DOJ, who went to federal court and obtained a temporary restraining order against the governor, and the American public should be asking why.

“The fact that Garland and the Biden DOJ have not taken any action is proof positive that Joe Biden has not upheld his oath of office,” Gottlieb continued. “Furthermore, Garland’s obvious hands-off reaction to the governor’s outrageous direct attack on the Second Amendment clearly illustrates why he was not confirmed by the Senate to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court.”

More:

That last sentence is savage.

Back
Top Bottom