Now Ford too

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I quit Ford years ago when their vehicles became junk (early 2000s).

Only Toyota now.

I'm mostly a Mopar guy myself. Love my Supercharged 2011 Dodge Challenger, my 2012 Ram Truck, and our 2010 Jeep Liberty. We also Have a 2019 Toyota Corolla.

The last Ford I owned was back in the 1990's and even that was an old one. A 1965 Ford F-100 pickup with a straight 6 300. I wish I still had it BUT, its one of the few Ford's I ever really liked.

Below is what I really think about most Fords over the past 30 years.

428367_3154327019113_1293301557_33278970_980154407_n.jpg

I quit Ford years ago when their vehicles became junk (early 2000s).

Only Toyota now.
I have a 2021Ford Ranger XLT. Great truck for the money. Only aftermarket thing I added was a retractable bumper step.

I was intent on buying a Toyota Tacoma but the dealers wanted $5K to $10K over sticker price. In the last 30 years, I have attempted to buy a Toyota several times at several different dealerships. It was always the dealerships that sank the deal. Plain and simple, Toyota has and has had a dealership culture problem. That's why I own a Ford. In hindsight, that Toyota dealer did me a favor by forcing me to look at Ford.

Toyota is not what it used to be. Even Toyota fan boy Scotty Kilmer has taken them to the woodshed more than a couple of times for a whipping. Am I saying Ford is better? No! You just have to cherry pick the models and trim lines of any manufacturer. I have and have had Hondas too. Great cars but everyone I know who has had a Honda Odyssey has hated them. I could never figure out how they could muck up a basically boxed out Honda Pilot but they do.

Anyway, getting back on track for this thread. Most of these corporations are being blackmailed into this woke $h1t. Corporations are assigned ESG scores by several of these woke organizations. If you have a company with a bad ESG score but has a stellar credit record good luck trying to find financing for your corporate bonds and notes. Most of Wall Street are now instruments of the so-called Gay-stoppo and do their bidding. That's why these companies are making these insidious decisions to over-represent the 1% (or 10% if you believe that number). They don't want their financial lifelines cut. It's always about the money.

I truly think that when the pendulum eventually swings the other way the alternate lifestyle adherents will pine for the days when they were cloistered in the closets. It is not going to be pretty.

Ford's been Woke a long time.

Since that putz Billy Ford floated to the top of the bowl. There was a power struggle within the Ford clan, following Hank the Deuce's retirement and death...the money, thirty years ago, was on Edsel Ford II, Hank's son. But somehow it didn't happen that way - perhaps young Edsel didn't have the killer instinct.

Instead William Clay Ford's (Henry II's brother) son, Billy, emerged. Early 1990s. And we see the chaos that's emerged...as a NON-car-guy, who's a follower, takes control of a company. One where the stock structure is such that only the Ford family can vote to remove a CEO.

First he does his quota pick - Identity Politics. Jacques Nasser, a Lebanese of Arab extraction. He was egotistical, like Iacocca, but without Lee's feel for sales and marketing. What he wanted was to build a power base, buying up foreign niche manufacturers, such as Jaguar.

He fired old white engineers in favor of quota picks...and that was why the quality in new Fords in the 1990s went right into the toilet.

THEN...FINALLY finding the courage to fire the Arab...he makes HIMSELF CEO. Knowing nothing. Learning little-to-nothing. The slide increases.

Billy found a savior in Allen Mulally, former president of the commercial division of Boeing. Mulally was a competent engineer and manager, but that's not why Billy basically begged Mulally to come over.

It's because they were both Woker than Woke. Amazingly, Mulally was able to meld that with managerial competence. In it's own way, that's a real feat. Idiotic incompetence like Woketardedness, tied to administrative ability? It's like holding two opposite positions at once.

But Mulally was not young and wasn't emotionally tied to the car business. He retired, with Ford on good footing, and Billy had to go seek a new Woketard bu_t-buddy.

The latest incompetent is Jim Farley, with some roots from Argentina, formerly of Lexus. I doubt what Farley learned, taking orders from Toyota HQ, could translate into a plan of action to bail out Ford. Which abandoned most passenger-car markets to focus on trucks, especially battery trucks. What could go wrong, there? Am I the only one who remembers 1974 and 1979?

Ford is gonna crash and burn. It will be a Chinese brand in five years - assuming we're allowed to own cars in five years.

Ford's been Woke a long time.

Since that putz Billy Ford floated to the top of the bowl. There was a power struggle within the Ford clan, following Hank the Deuce's retirement and death...the money, thirty years ago, was on Edsel Ford II, Hank's son. But somehow it didn't happen that way - perhaps young Edsel didn't have the killer instinct.

Instead William Clay Ford's (Henry II's brother) son, Billy, emerged. Early 1990s. And we see the chaos that's emerged...as a NON-car-guy, who's a follower, takes control of a company. One where the stock structure is such that only the Ford family can vote to remove a CEO.

First he does his quota pick - Identity Politics. Jacques Nasser, a Lebanese of Arab extraction. He was egotistical, like Iacocca, but without Lee's feel for sales and marketing. What he wanted was to build a power base, buying up foreign niche manufacturers, such as Jaguar.

He fired old white engineers in favor of quota picks...and that was why the quality in new Fords in the 1990s went right into the toilet.

THEN...FINALLY finding the courage to fire the Arab...he makes HIMSELF CEO. Knowing nothing. Learning little-to-nothing. The slide increases.

Billy found a savior in Allen Mulally, former president of the commercial division of Boeing. Mulally was a competent engineer and manager, but that's not why Billy basically begged Mulally to come over.

It's because they were both Woker than Woke. Amazingly, Mulally was able to meld that with managerial competence. In it's own way, that's a real feat. Idiotic incompetence like Woketardedness, tied to administrative ability? It's like holding two opposite positions at once.

But Mulally was not young and wasn't emotionally tied to the car business. He retired, with Ford on good footing, and Billy had to go seek a new Woketard bu_t-buddy.

The latest incompetent is Jim Farley, with some roots from Argentina, formerly of Lexus. I doubt what Farley learned, taking orders from Toyota HQ, could translate into a plan of action to bail out Ford. Which abandoned most passenger-car markets to focus on trucks, especially battery trucks. What could go wrong, there? Am I the only one who remembers 1974 and 1979?

Ford is gonna crash and burn. It will be a Chinese brand in five years - assuming we're allowed to own cars in five years.
I can't ague with a word you said. Great points!

Unfortunately, I think any multi-national conglomerate is the same way.

We really need to incentivize companies to stay and source wholly within our borders. I think that is the only way things will change.

For those who say that cannot be done, if the money (or tax savings) is worth it then you'll see how companies will find a way to do so.

Back
Top Bottom