Open fields doctrine

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score

Reminds me of the "100 miles from the border Constitution Free Zone":

Doesn't matter to be honest. The police state doesn't care about curtilage either. I live 1 1/2 ,lies down a private road and 2 years ago the police flew over my property. Well, not over my property they searched my property from the air without a warrant. I'm in the middle of 40 acres of forested land. They then found 3 plants about 2 1/2 feet tall. Helicopter hovered over my house while 4 police sun's and trucks rolled in with 8 state troopers and a sheriff. They unloaded the 4 wheelers and drove all over my land. Found nothing except the 3 little plants right next to my house, well within my curtilage.
Lawyers wouldn't even consider taking the case. No money in it. 4 amendment violations dont pay shit I guess.

... Lawyers wouldn't even consider taking the case. ...

It really makes you appreciate the people that do fight these sorts of cases on principle. Did you try reaching out to the Institute for Justice? That sounds like the type of case they cut their teeth on.

It really makes you appreciate the people that do fight these sorts of cases on principle. Did you try reaching out to the Institute for Justice? That sounds like the type of case they cut their teeth on.
I didn't but if it happens again I will. It won't happen again though since we passed recreational here last year and going forward we will all be able to grow 6.

Set out a few claymores with trip wires and watch them straighten up fast.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…