People fighting back, everything from self defense to taking on school boards

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
School boards around the country are under fire. What exactly do they do?
By Theresa Waldrop
An angry crowd at a Loudoun County, Virginia, school board meeting in June.

An angry crowd at a Loudoun County, Virginia, school board meeting in June.

Evelyn Hockstein/Reuters
CNN —

School board members around the country have faced heckling, protests, even death threats and at least one lawsuit recently.

Constituents have shown up at normally placid meetings to voice dissent of everything from mask mandate policies – or the lack of them – to teaching critical race theory and policies around transgender students.

Last month, the National School Boards Association sent a letter to President Joe Biden asking for help looking into the threats and bullying.

“As these acts of malice, violence, and threats against public school officials have increased, the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes,” the school boards association stated in the letter.

Here’s a look school boards and what they do to elicit such strong feelings.

Maine school board ordered to pay a parent $40K for violating First Amendment rights
Shawn McBreairty was banned from attending school functions after accusing the school district of hyper-sexualization of minors
Joshua Q. Nelson

By Joshua Q. Nelson

A Maine school board on Thursday was ordered to pay a parent that they banned from attending school functions $40K for violating the First Amendment.

The Randazza Legal Group and Center for American Liberty represented client Shawn McBreairty in his federal lawsuit against the Maine-based School Board of Regional School Unit 22 for violating his First Amendment rights.

McBreairty filed the lawsuit, Shawn McBreairty v. School Board RSU22 on July 8 as a result of the school board banning him from attending school programs and board meetings.

McBreairty stated, "I filed this lawsuit because I believe that we do not have a Constitutional Republic without the First Amendment. I didn’t receive any taxpayer money from this, I did it because it was the right thing to do. I hope that Chair Heath Miller and RSU22 learned their lesson and they will treat everyone with the respect and dignity that we deserve from now on when it comes to our Constitutional rights."

The Hampden-based RSU22 will pay McBreairty, an advocate for accountability in public education, a settlement of $40K after they attempted to ban the conservative activist from attending school functions.

Back
Top Bottom