RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tells Trump she’s resigning after South Carolina primary

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CiscoKid

Pirate
Benefactor
Reaction score
Thank God!

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel has told former President Donald Trump that she will step down from her post later this month, soon after the South Carolina primary.

Trump, 77, is expected to back North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Michael Whatley as McDaniel’s replacement after the Palmetto State’s Feb. 24 primary, sources told the Associated Press Tuesday.

The former president and GOP primary front-runner hinted on Monday that McDaniel, 50, should vacate her position after the RNC reported decade-low fundraising numbers entering the presidential election year.

“I think she knows that, I think she understands that,” Trump said during a Newsmax interview when asked whether McDaniel should resign after three consecutive election cycles of Republican underperformance.

Trump also teased in a Truth Social post that he’ll be “making a decision the day after the South Carolina Primary as to my recommendations for RNC Growth,” calling McDaniel a “friend” and praising her work in Michigan during his 2016 election victory over Hillary Clinton.

Multiple outlets have reported that Trump met with McDaniel at his Mar-a-Lago estate on the day of the post.

More at link...

From the experience I had in GOP party politics - mixing with honchos at the State conventions, the party cogs who attain any power seem like corrupt assholes.

From the experience I had in GOP party politics - mixing with honchos at the State conventions, the party cogs who attain any power seem like corrupt assholes.

That's because they are. When you consider that the democrats are even worse, you can see why the country is in the state that it is in.

I don't doubt it. The nonsense with super delegates in the Dem party some years ago made it pretty plain. I only mentioned the GOP because that was the limit of my personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom