Russia Deploying Carrier-killer Missile Cruiser (!!!)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

...I had no idea Russia is going to deploy battleships when I chose the nickname "Potemkin" (the name of an old Russian battleship) for this forum.

It's quite a coincidence. And I'm a true believer in peace!

Wow...

I hope all ends well.

As I said, Russia is not going to blink here, and when we do strike Syria, shit gets real and it does so in one quick hurry.

Unfortunately, I would guess that the rabid hawks in TPTB would welcome an expanded theater. More profit for them. I'm very cynical though. YMMV.

Unfortunately, I would guess that the rabid hawks in TPTB would welcome an expanded theater. More profit for them. I'm very cynical though. YMMV.

Putin said today that he might be willing to join a strike on Syria if the United Nations were to agree, which is almost funny since Russia would veto any attempt to authorize a strike on Syria. This must be why they call it a "theater" :rimshot:

No-one makes jokes with Russia. They were always 100 % serious. I don't think the Russians with hesitate to shoot back, once the US bothers them.

No-one makes jokes with Russia. They were always 100 % serious. I don't think the Russians with hesitate to shoot back, once the US bothers them.

I agree. You should have seen the video of how they dealt with the Pirates off the coast of Africa. Merciless. They just gunned them down, or else boarded the ships, placed explosives, and then blew them up while the crew was pulling away (thinking they were being allowed to go). Survivors machine gunned in the water with the Russian laughing and placing bets on who they could hit next. The pirates stopped bothering Russian ships after that.

Someone posted the video on Youtube for everyone to see for a few months and then without explanation it was removed. It was pretty graphic stuff. The message was crystal clear. Don't mess with Russia (Putin). But it's pretty easy to kill pirates who can't really shoot back at the Russian Navy. Not sure if Putin has the stomach to shoot at the US Navy Nimitz carrier group which just arrived in the area.

Last edited:
Aubuy: you should have also seen how they dealt with Europe during the Cold War era. Cruel. No-one in those parts of Europe want them back (Eastern Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, Estonia etc.).

But I believe the US is risking literally the 3rd World War, if they do anything offensive there. Too many conflicts started.
Afghanistan seemed justified... people didn't quite believe the Iraq justifications, but then came Libya, etc. etc. and now they want to attack Syria?

It's easy to do this, because the US is doing it in others' back yard. The USA is far away.
Europeans and Middle Easterners are terrified. It's so close to Turkey, Greece...

The US never had the guts to attack Cuba or other neighbors. They're too close... it's easy to wage war on the other side of the Earth.

I guess with all that money spent on so many wars... They could have bought more gold for the Fed, they could have even bought the dictators out :p
Pay them and send them on vacation!

The Iraq war cost at least 3.2 trillion $, but "up to" more than 4 trillion (according to Brown University)...

With that money, the US could have bought 2,285,714,285.71 ounces of gold!
That's: 71,093.6613 tonnes!

Could have bought up almost half the gold ever mined on Earth! Practically probably impossible... but with all that money spent wisely... wow!

They could have built a new Detroit, even more with that money!
In fact, I strongly believe they could have built several New Yorks with 4 trillion!

UAE is building a new city for 50,000 people. Costs a staggering 22 billion $:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masdar_City

Awesome... but with 4 trillion...

personally, I do not think Russia would attack US units over Syria. No chance, not openly, not without being attacked first. Simply no way it is going to happen over some shit hole country - Russian interest or not. See Vietnams and all -yes, these were proxy wars, but read again: PROXY wars. NEver direct involvement, officially.

This is all saber rattling, on both sides. There will be deal behind the closed doors between Russia/US/all other TPTB that matter on that, and the outcome for Syria will be decided that way.

Bushi, I think that's how we all hope it will go down, but I have reservations about Obama that I can't dismiss. First, he's not in control of anything, Valerie Jarrett and his high level handlers are. I personally don't think Obama has any particular personal convictions on any matters of real substance. He is a distant and dissonant personality who loves attention, and becomes petulant when he can't have what he wants. Sort of like a dictator, when Congress says no to something, he says fuck you and your constitution, I'm doing it anyway because I know better than you, signing a presidential order instead.

This guy is a wild card with the potential to wreak havoc in the ME. He is no particular friend of Israel and he's shown it many times. If Val wants a war, he'll give it to her.

Bushi, I think that's how we all hope it will go down, but I have reservations about Obama that I can't dismiss. First, he's not in control of anything, Valerie Jarrett and his high level handlers are. I personally don't think Obama has any particular personal convictions on any matters of real substance. He is a distant and dissonant personality who loves attention, and becomes petulant when he can't have what he wants. Sort of like a dictator, when Congress says no to something, he says fuck you and your constitution, I'm doing it anyway because I know better than you, signing a presidential order instead.

This guy is a wild card with the potential to wreak havoc in the ME. He is no particular friend of Israel and he's shown it many times. If Val wants a war, he'll give it to her.

What I meant, is that Russia wouldn't attack US units if US attacks Siria, just cannot see it happening. It is not so much hope, as cold calculation on my part - that's unthinkable, in any way it is a no-win scenario for them (military, politically, propaganda-wise, internationally, etc, etc.), hence they won't go there.

Of course it would not harm anybody if US politicians start acting like politicians, and not fucking arrogant bullies, but hey... IT is what it is, and I don't think we will see WWIII starting over Siria, no way.

It's easy to do this, because the US is doing it in others' back yard. The USA is far away.
Europeans and Middle Easterners are terrified. It's so close to Turkey, Greece...

The US never had the guts to attack Cuba or other neighbors. They're too close... it's easy to wage war on the other side of the Earth.

I think you make an excellent point here. We keep blowing things up far away from the US not really considering how many people are getting really pissed off at us. The drone attacks that Obama has ordered (quietly) is a great example. Someday soon others are going to have drones, cruise missiles, and other deadly stuff, and the shoe is going to be on the other foot. Somebody is going to shove it down our throats and that will be terrifying because we aren't ready to deal with it. How we can we say with a straight face that's it OK for us to send cruise missiles into your cities when we disagree with you, but you can't send one back? We are treading on very thin ice when we keep doing these wars, spending trillions, changing nothing, and then on to the next war.

Last edited:
...Mr. Obama, watch and learn... spoken like a true diplomat, and not some spoiled megalomaniac brat:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

"We don't do that in politics" - a little before 3:29. (Edit, now I'll watch the rest when I quit gagging from laughing so hard)

While I'm not exactly a fan of the idea of Putin gaining more power than he has, or super respectful of the guy (hell, I was in the cold war bigtime and he was "the bad guy" for some of that) - hell, the way he kicks amateur Otwerker around the block with rational, reasoned statements...gives me great pleasure.

Of course, this is mainly about who gets to run what NG pipeline through the place, and the effect on the energy-buck, in actuality. Fun to watch how they spin/distract/confuse about what's actually going on. And educational.

Last edited:
Exactly,DCF! I am by no means big fan of Russians and especially not fond of former KGB high ranks like Putin, but my credit goes where the credits due - and the guy is running circles around US top politicos, and he does it SMILING under his breath, as he knows he is making them look like amateur fools (which they are -unfortunately, fools with access to greatest power that has been ever created by a nation on this planet)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Let's hope for peace and that nothing bad happens! :D

Peace y'all!

And back on the topic of those rascally Russians:

A Russian GPS using US soil stirs spy fears

snip:
In recent months, the Central Intelligence Agency and the Pentagon have been quietly waging a campaign to stop the State Department from allowing Roscosmos, the Russian space agency, to build about half a dozen of these structures, known as monitor stations, on United States soil, several American officials said.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101204330

Back
Top Bottom