Russia's Moscow Exchange plans to develop gold bullion market

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/russi...lion-market--ceo-20130419-00122#ixzz2QuLKyyrS

More: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...gold-to-silver-trading-to-broaden-appeal.html

Ok, but are they going to operate a 100% gold/silver backed exchange, or is this to be yet another fractional reserve re-hypothecation bucket shop?

Time will tell, but I think the Russian puppet masters are pretty much on board with China with respect to the their part in NWO currency wars drama. I'm going to guess they want a Russian version of the SGE to spur more buying of gold in the country.

That GATA link is a copy of the Bloomberg article I posted above.

fwiw...........

MOSCOW. June 29 (Interfax) - The Moscow Exchange plans to start trading in perpetual gold futures in the near future, Maria Patrikeyeva, head of the exchange's derivatives market, said.

"We launched settled quarterly gold futures yesterday, and in the near future, in July, we will launch new perpetual gold futures," Patrikeyeva said at the press lunch "Options Market on the Moscow Exchange: New Opportunities."

The Moscow Exchange began trading in settled futures contracts for gold in Russian rubles on June 28.

They cannot deliver everything because there is not enough gold production to meet demand. Gold is hypothicated to increase transfer efficiency and satisfy gamblers.

If it's a free market they will need the option to pay in rubles which is simply another scheme.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…