Scientists Grew 'Mini Brains' From Stem Cells. Then, The Brains Sort-of Developed Eyes.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Scientists Grew 'Mini Brains' From Stem Cells. Then, The Brains Sort-of Developed Eyes.​

Mini brains grown in a lab from stem cells spontaneously developed rudimentary eye structures, scientists reported in a fascinating paper in 2021.

On tiny, human-derived brain organoids grown in dishes, two bilaterally symmetrical optic cups were seen to grow, mirroring the development of eye structures in human embryos.

More:

This story reinforces exactly why I'm always skeptical about official press releases or a quick sound bite on TV from government and/or scientific "experts" who will almost inevitably say something like "I want to make it very clear. Public safety is of the utmost importance to us. We take the safety of the public very seriously. I can promise you, there is absolutely no threat to the general public. We have thoroughly studied the matter and conducted multiple experiments utilizing several various testing conditions. We've taken great care and done our due diligence. We know exactly what we're doing. I'll say it again, absolutely no threat to the general public."

Who will ever forget the rallying cry from a few years back of "the science is settled, trust the science!"

This story is exactly why the science is never settled.

The very point of science is to hypothesize then conduct experiments to verify or discredit the hypothesis.

Science, by its definition is never settled.

I'll bet if you listen real close you can hear the experts saying "Oh shyt! Didn't expect that."

Back
Top Bottom