Should I let my kid keep his gold or sell it and invest the money?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Dear Quentin,

I did not grow up with any wealth and I am only now, in my 40s, and beginning to understand how to invest and save for retirement for myself.

However, with everything I’ve learned, I am trying to ensure my child will be in a better position and have knowledge and opportunities that I did not have.

For several years now, he has one section of his piggy bank for both saving and investing, and one for spending. At least once a year we count that up and it goes into high-yield savings and a custodial investment account (primarily in ETFs).

More:

Relatives gift 8yo son gold and dad wants to cash it in. Great job dad. Maybe respect the people that gave your son such a valuable gift.

Hope the kid is smarter than his dad. Somebody send the kid a link to pmbug!

If you ask that, of someone out of an organization that benefits from government ties and from seiginorage...you can be sure of the answer.

History tells us differently.

I no longer care. We are gonna have a monetary and societal crash, and people will die. I don't want to be one of the victims, but there WILL be some victims. I think there's limits to how many can save themselves - especially since it seems, now, Davos Man is doing all this deliberately, with malice.

Certainly the Jabs were developed TO hurt and kill.

So...call me Zorro Fox Gibbon.

Back
Top Bottom