Silverback (limited edition collectable)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I was browsing around this morning and discovered that the folks who make Goldbacks (see here: https://www.pmbug.com/threads/goldbacks-spendable-gold-for-the-people.3946/ ) made some limited edition silverbacks too:

The giveaway looks to be over and they are only sold currently from one retailer:

It's definitely not a high value bullion investment, but they do look really nice!

Nice, I didn't know they were venturing into silver. I imagine they are harder to do than with gold because it's quite a bit more reactive. I have at least a few of every state's Goldbacks. Will definitively want a couple of these.

That's pretty pricey, probably due to the limited edition and the trouble I noted above. It's priced at like 3x the 1 Goldback's. Hurray, silver price has finally surpassed gold.

Really kind of thought that they would go with Platinum or even Rhodium for a very high value metal but easier to produce in such a manner.

Platinum might be interesting, but I don't think there is enough public awareness of Rhodium to make it commercially viable. Also, isn't Rhodium extremely hard/brittle? I might be thinking of a different metal, but it's not flexible/malleable at all, so it might not work as a bendable note.

Yeah, Rhodium is probably too rare to make a go of that... Shoot people don't know what gold is anymore. I tried to give a goldback or two as tips and got pushback. :rolleyes:

I don't think the hardness would be an issue. I just through it out there as at 10x the price of Pt you could have a special additional Rh note that would have maybe 1/20 oz and still be like 100 Goldbacks. Having multiple metals also screws up the conversions because they could drastically change over time. So a 50 Goldback has 50x as much gold as a 1 Goldback but any other metal would be a floating rate and you can't fix that amount.

Kinesis has a good interview with the founder of Valarium (I think they are the technology creators). Pretty intelligent guy.

The most important takeaway for you old goldbugs. Stop thinking about gold as the lowest premium to spot price as the most important thing.

Kinesis has a good interview with the founder of Valarium (I think they are the technology creators). Pretty intelligent guy.

Kinesis are a partner of Silverbacks
Silverbacks are the wholesaler in the USA of the silver products of Kinesis' Bullion Store

467f18_7ed787755bc14664868c1bd07f913edc~mv2.jpg
467f18_58f7bf75c0da4784b681383554e46117~mv2.jpg

467f18_7e367c4b9b6340d6bcc99ff2b2809ac0~mv2.jpg
467f18_6af24d5ed0064ffaa434a1df6c48ef1c~mv2.jpg
467f18_c478d6bd60604025b1bf1b3a2e095d24f002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom