So, gold and silver prices go sky high

MasterQ

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
When we get above the 200dma that should be the line in the sand and support for any pullback in October.

I've been looking for a target of 26-28 by September so the pullback may be to the 23-24 area before heading to 30 in the spring.

I'm no expert but TA seems to be heating up now and we have had quite the extended hit in the silver market especially.

Good luck to us all!

-Q

roguefaction

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Elegant solutions department

The problem is I live in Europe and premiums here are high.
I can only buy silver at 29-30 $ per ounce!

VAT, high premiums and "fees" are added.

Right now it costs 30 $. I can only buy silver at this high price. Europe is the worst place for silver.

At 18-19-20 it cost 25 $.
You and RealFinney should consider getting yourselves a ticket to Stanbul, and, if you are serious about buying silver... after checking out this site - http://www.nadirmetal.com.tr/urunler_e.htm - book yourselves a 'working' holiday and get down to business...

At the end of school holidays season, airfare prices from UK are dirt cheap for a bit, and so are the hotels. You can get a flight to Dalaman or Bodrum for peanuts, and book yourselves into a 4* hotel for a week for less than the premiums you claim are preventing you from buying. That's IF you are buying in quantity.

Can't speak for what happens between you and the customs man on return... that's your business. But many a sod has gone the route I'm suggesting without problems in that regard.:paperbag: If you don't want the LBMA bar products, there's plenty of jewelry options to choose from!

btw... goldbugs should check that site out as well. High quality bullion products, sadly under-exposed in the western world.

Last edited:

Potemkin

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
I did grab a few ounces back when it was lower, at around 18 $, but I just did not have the funds. Now I have and it's 23 $, but the seller with "fees", "VAT" and shipping, transaction costs would take away 30-31 $ per ounce from me.

Anyway, I decided to grab a few more ounces before it goes higher and I'll regret...

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
I did grab a few ounces back when it was lower, at around 18 $, but I just did not have the funds. Now I have and it's 23 $, but the seller with "fees", "VAT" and shipping, transaction costs would take away 30-31 $ per ounce from me.

Anyway, I decided to grab a few more ounces before it goes higher and I'll regret...
Where do you live that charges VAT on silver? I know of 2 sites that don't charge VAT on silver in Europe.

Billy_White

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Yeah, the prices of gold and silver have really gone sky high but we just have to accept it, the same way others have to deal with skyrocketing oil prices, etc. If you look at statistics about silver, you'll see the price has always been increasing steadily.

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Yeah, the prices of gold and silver have really gone sky high but we just have to accept it, the same way others have to deal with skyrocketing oil prices, etc. If you look at statistics about silver, you'll see the price has always been increasing steadily.
relative to what? US Dollars? On what timeline? eight years? 5000 years?