Solana (SOL)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score

More:

More reporting on Solana (SOL):

Apparently this project rolled out in June, but I was not aware of it:

It sounds like they built an Android cell phone that integrates a Solana (SOL) hard wallet into it. It's like combining a Ledger Nano X with a cell phone except the Ledger is limited to just supporting Solana. It's just another example of some of the development efforts ongoing with Solana.

It looks like it might not have reached a critical mass of buyers to sustain development:

It's a cool idea, but if I were shelling out big bucks for this thing, I wouldn't want it locked in to a single crypto platform. It's a bit clunky to connect the Ledger Nano X to a cell phone and then run dApps that connect to the Ledger, but it works, it's definitely secure and it works with any crypto platform supported by Ledger (all but the newest or most obscure). Maybe some genius will figure out how to build a "universal mobile stack" that would allow for a seamlessly integrated crypto phone and hard wallet for all crypto platforms.

So about Solana's Saga phone mentioned above in post #18....

More:

I guess there are peeps buying multiple phones if you are essentially getting (a promise to be) paid to buy one right now. Crazy! IMO, it's a high risk play. The day the airdrop happens, BONK could easily drop in value and that 30 million BONK could be worth $7 instead of $700 (for example).

Sounds pretty cool. I have not investigated it yet to fully understand it yet:

Regarding that earlier post about token extensions on Solana:

Anyone can easily create their own layer 2 crypto token on the Solana network. I need to investigate further to fully understand how it works (ie. if it's dependent upon FluxBeam once created or not). Even so, that's pretty wild.

I have not dug into the technical details, and I barely understand what they are describing here, but it sounds pretty cool. I'm picturing an open source anti-fraud system that works sort of like anti-spam email filters.

Apparently a developer that built a trading interface for Solana designed their system such that MEV exploits (like the ones discussed in the Ethereum thread) were possible:

Note that this isn't an issue with Solana itself. This was a 3rd party trading application that was flawed and presumably only hurt folks using that same platform.

More developments on the Solana blockchain:

More:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ive-into-the-causes-and-solutions/ar-BB1lrxot

Growing pains for the network are currently hurting Solana's market value. Solana likely will pop a bit if they get the issue sorted and I would expect that they will at some point.

More:

It sounds like a significant technical improvement to the Solana network is nearing the end of the development cycle (to be deployed later this year).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…