Somebody sold 102.5 MILLION oz of (paper) silver in just 7 minutes yesterday

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
That's a crazy number (nearly the complete silver inventory of the COMEX). And even more crazy: prices barely changed :flail:
I have thre explanations for that:
a) Somebody dumped a bunch of contracts which he needed to manipulate the option expiry settelment price on thursday ... or
b) it was an hft algo gone wild playing bid/ask ping pong (most likely imho) ... or
c) as the silver docs assume below: it was an attempted, but unsuccessful, raid (unlikely imho, because you can crash the market on much lower volume with the right algos, especially when liquidity is drying up during the last hour of GLOBEX trading :doodoo: ...)

http://silverdoctors.blogspot.com/2012/02/cartel-dumps-1025-million-ounces-of.html

Between this and Turd Fergusons last post, I'm amped up to see what the week has in store for the metals. Could be a good one! Even Mr. T agrees.... Mr.T, give us the ok symbol if you agree.

told ya.

Relax folks, it was just a glitch. Fat fingers!

http://silverdoctors.blogspot.com/2012/02/netdania-responds-to-sd-inquiry.html

I'm confused. Which part of the data is in question? The selling of 100+ million ounces or the buying of that 100+ million ounces? All of it? So, we don't know if 100 million ounces just traded hands or if it ever existed at all? Who had 100 million unregistered ounces they needed to try and get rid of?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…