Space telescope Factoid

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

foolsgold

Predaceous Stink Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
FACTOID: The HST (Hubble Space Telescope) orbits the Earth. That's why repair missions could be performed. The JWSP (James Webb Space Telescope) orbits the Sun. No repair missions for the JWST.

Hmmm, by my calculations they both orbit the Sun... but I could be mistaken....

Does the JWST need some repairs? I remember the HST had a flawed lens or something like that after it was first launched.

Hmmm, by my calculations they both orbit the Sun... but I could be mistaken....
If you want to confuse the issue by implying that because the Earth orbits the Sun that the HST that orbits the Earth orbits the Sun also, your calculations would be correct. However if you want to convey some knowledge and simply state the the HST and the JWST both orbit the Sun your calculations are entirely wrong and willfully deceptive.

Does the JWST need some repairs? I remember the HST had a flawed lens or something like that after it was first launched.
Right now the scientists working with the JWST are claiming it is entirely successful. However it cannot be repair should it need repairs.

If you want to confuse the issue by implying that because the Earth orbits the Sun that the HST that orbits the Earth orbits the Sun also, your calculations would be correct. However if you want to convey some knowledge and simply state the the HST and the JWST both orbit the Sun your calculations are entirely wrong and willfully deceptive.
Just to be accurate (and to do gentle spankies), the earth and sun and a blue jillion other suns orbit around the black hole in the center of our galaxy.

But perhaps we need not bring that into our discussion as serious input... either.

Back
Top Bottom