Space X Falcon Heavy

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I can't wait to watch the Falcon Heavy launch from the newly refurbished LC-39 this month. Space X will send up an unmanned rocket that is now the most powerful on earth later this month and man will it be a window breaker! :judge:

It is essentially three Falcon rockets strapped together giving it 27 rocket engines to push it in to space, and it's nearly as powerful as the old Saturn V. Now the Falcon is pretty loud folks, but I can't wait to hear the S-wave from this beast! I plan to be out there for this one, even though the traffic will be a friggin nightmare. Usually I do everything in my power to be as far away from the Cape as I can on launch days for that very reason, but this is different. Not only do I want to see the beast fly, I want to see all three first stages come back and land. It should be a hell of a show. Three sonic booms instead of one!

Hopefully I can get close enough to get decent pics or video.

Whoa /Neo

I never thought a private enterprise like Space X would be successful, but I'm glad they are trying to prove me wrong.

I might just get to see this bad boy in the horizontal position while still in "The Barn", which is located at the very foot of the pad. I'll be out there Monday to look at some rope gasketing they found that they think is asbestos and want removed. While I'm there, I'll ask if I can see it.

There are some upsides to living in a hurricane flood zone then

Yeah Ealon might be good at channeling taxpayer money his way but there are some uses I do approve of.

These guys are tossing satellites up faster than any other agency or company out there, and doing so at a price that no one can beat. The Air Force loves them. They are hands-down the best one out there.

So what is the payload that requires three launcher rockets ?

Is it one large object or economies of scale with a bunch of satellites all going off together ?

Are SpaceX supplying the space station or have they stopped using it ?

Back
Top Bottom