Take These Steps to Avoid Catastrophizing

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Take These Steps to Avoid Catastrophizing​

Getting stuck in a negative spiral of thought can be paralyzing instead of freeing you up to identify more effective solutions

My friend Rory is in his mid-sixties, plays tennis, works out at the gym, watches what he eats and is generally healthy. But one day on the tennis court, he felt pain in his ankle, which he hoped would go away on its own. The next day he felt a twinge in his back that concerned him and that hampered his play. And then he felt a mild throbbing somewhere in his brain.

His girlfriend said to him, "Rory, you have to see a doctor and get everything checked out."

Rory finally agreed. But inside, he was thinking, "that's it, I'm a goner. The pain in my brain could be a tumor. What if I die soon?" He started catastrophizing and thinking the worst. And for many people, that negative thinking, which imagines the worst possible outcomes, comes naturally and often is an exaggerated response to a certain fear.

More:

Here's a big secret:

EVERYONE READING THIS, IS GONNA DIE.

Everyone. In fact, even not-reading it won't save you.

The REAL problem, and IMHO the reason the Jab Industry has been able to solicit nations of hypochondriacs (who now WILL die, thanks to that disguised POISON)...the reason is, the fear of death.

Now I'm not excited about death. And I'm not religious. I don't expect to be in St. Peter's Harp School, or Allah's Virgin Brothel. Nope, it's an experience I don't know, have no faith about, and no one who has been through it can ever recount it for us.

But IT IS GONNA HAPPEN. I've had to face this, now that medical care is government-controlled, politicized, used as a weapon to force compliance...and now is being used not to heal, but to cull. So, by my family's history, I have ten years left. Also by my family's history, I'll have a fair amount of needs before that time - needs that probably will not be met, now...since these former physicians, now, death-engineers, are being bribed to inject Klaus's Transhumanist experiment into helpless patients.

I won't play. Which means I'll die, at some point.

So I die...say, six years from now...go from reasonably-healthy, to dead of, say, cancer. As opposed to, dying ten years from now, after numerous surgeries, chemo, a slow decline, a few months in a nursing home.

I don't see the second choice as all that advantageous. Point of fact, I've had to contemplate how I'm gonna deal with homelessness, if the chaos the Left creates, leaves me in the cold...housing being mandated for non-white invaders FIRST, and white people can freeze.

I won't die on my knees. I'll die on my feet like a man, and I'll do it with the tools of a free man, with my firearms.

So...I'm not gonna worry about aches, pains, arthritis, pills being cut off...gout, the Heartbreak of Psoriasis. My future is pretty-much pre-destined. It's only a matter of where within that window, do I check out.

I eat a good, healthy diet of natural, whole foods to mitigate problems with disease and sickness.

I work at a standing desk to avoid being sedentary. I try to exercise regularly (I'll admit that I'm not as diligent here as I'd like) to stay fit and thin.

I prepare as best I can for catastrophic events - weather, monetary malfeasance, social turmoil, etc.

It's all about evaluating risks and taking action(s) to insure against them.

... and I sleep soundly at night.

Back
Top Bottom