The exodus from China is on like Donkey Kong...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

russell.cabbage

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Over at GiM2, I mentioned several times about the vendors I deal with in IT (enterprise and consumer) and how they were leaving China.

It began with this in January 2021:

There is a story going that every 5000 series CPU, 30-series NVIDIA card and 6800 series video card is being confiscated in Vietnam (every thing made in China is being routed through there to avoid the bullshittery) by the US government. The story goes that these parts are violating export restrictions regarding cryptography. Any stock that is out there got out before govco jumped in and realised what the parts are capable of (cracking their encryption routines). The story goes further that FISA warrants have been issued.

Some context, at the time there was a severe shortage of PC parts, processors were thin on the ground and graphics cards were non-existent for over a year. As it turned out the crypto story was only half of it, the rest of it was circumventing the Trump tariffs.

HP and Dell then began moving their server manufacturing to Vietnam and Singapore, despite the obvious cost base increase. It was slow at first but they are now beginning the move for their consumer lines (Pavilion, Inspiron etc). They saw the local conditions deteriorate and got the hell out of Dodge.

Today, we have the MSM catching on:

The China capitulation is worse than they're making out.

QC would be enough for me to move. Pile on government intrusion and potential to be shaken down and locked up never to be seen again is worse.

Back
Top Bottom