The millenia that music died

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
... In my opinion, music started to die in the 80's, but had some decent moments. And it was fully dead by 2000. Do you challenge me? Great! Show your evidence and prove me wrong! I eagerly await your evidence that 2000s music is good.

Taste in music is highly subjective and what one person thinks is amazing others can find akin to nails on a chalkboard. The music industry is changing with the times. Radio no longer dominates recording studio strangleholds on the industry and artists have direct distribution channels now. Anyway, here are some artists/albums made since the year 2000 that I think are pretty excellent:

The Claypool Lennon Delirium - Monolith of Phobos (2016) and South of Reality (2019)

Tool - Lateralus (2001), 10,000 Days (2006), Fear Inoculum (2019)

Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls (2015) and Senjutsu (2021)

Scale the Summit - Monument (2007), Carving Desert Canyons (2009), The Collective (2011) and The Migration (2013)

Rammstein - Mutter (2001), Reise, Reise (2004) and Rosenrot (2005)

Joe Satriani - pick an album. Not every song will get you in the feels, but the ones that do really grab you.

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - This band is new to me and I'm still working my way through their amazingly varied and prolific catalogue

For me.......it was / is the 6o's. Love the music. But that's me. To each his own.

Back
Top Bottom