Theta Network (THETA and TFUEL)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Does this computer need to be a fancy high-end system? I have a couple workstations here that are no longer being used, at least most of the time. Wondering if they would be decent enough to bother installing the software.

From the link in post #6:
The minimum hardware requirements are:

Internet speed: 5Mbps+ up and down
CPU: 4 cores or more
Memory: 16 GBytes or more
Free hard drive space: 64GB or more, best with 256GB+ available disk space, which is needed for training large deep learning models.
GPU (optional): Nvidia GPUs with CUDA enabled. CUDA-enabled GPU can greatly accelerate AI tasks.

I have the Edge Node running on a laptop that does not have a fancy GPU or multiple CPU cores and it runs fine (thought the rewards for the new 3D jobs are half of what my CUDA enabled NVIDIA GPU machine is earning). If you are using Windows, you need Windows 10 or 11 IIRC. Basically, if you can install the software and run it, you are good to go. Doesn't hurt to try.

I don't know if this new 3D job queue is hitting on a high rate that will settle down later, but right now, the Edge Node software is earning more TFUEL than at any point in the previous 2 months. It's worth giving it a shot right now IMO.

We’re excited to announce the launch of new 3D rendering jobs for Theta edge nodes on the Windows platform. These new rendering jobs leverage Blender, the most popular open-source 3D modeling and animation technology in the world, with over 14 million downloads in 2020 alone and growing rapidly. The mission of the Blender Foundation, an independent public benefit organization, is to empower anyone to create 3D computer generated CG content, with free access to technical and creative production resources.

As part of today’s Windows software update to Edge Node v4.6.2, it will automatically download and install the latest Windows Blender binary to facilitate the entire 3D development pipeline from modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking. ...

3rd payout on my Theta stake just hit. This one took a little over a week from the last one. So far from the moment of staking, my payouts have run 3 days,, 3days, 10 days. Average seems to be around 5 days apart so far. It's a weird system with unpredictable payouts.

3rd payout on my Theta stake just hit. This one took a little over a week from the last one. So far from the moment of staking, my payouts have run 3 days,, 3days, 10 days. Average seems to be around 5 days apart so far. It's a weird system with unpredictable payouts.

Just got another payout - 2 days after the last one.

Back
Top Bottom