Tracing the great Chinese gold rush

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Unobtanium

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score

Click link for a full historical graphic. Here is an excerpt from the graphic:

2zp8cg7.png

Good stuff. Always enlightening to see the helicopter view. It may be of interest to note that China is not pushing silver as aggressively as they are with gold.

Good stuff. Always enlightening to see the helicopter view. It may be of interest to note that China is not pushing silver as aggressively as they are with gold.

India turned to silver when their govt put restrictions on gold. If a global supply crunch develops in gold, then perhaps China turns also to silver?

Was watching RT news earlier today. It was mentioned that although China is estimated to have 1000 tons of gold, Germany 3,000, and the USA 8000 tons (I think I got the figures right for the last two and I am certain about China).
The discussion on RT was that China has more like 3000 tons in reality and is deliberately buying with at least a 4000 ton target. This would mean they would not need to rely on the US dollar as gold would then support their own currency.

Last edited:
That's what I am waiting for!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

CONGRATULATIONS ANCONA!!!! this post was your 2500th post and according to the PMBug website AND you have now reached the DIAMOND Level of posters and have access to um, well, nothing that I can find searching the website, but I am hoping that PMBug (whoever you are) is right now working on an appropriate prize for you because 2500 is a really big number and somebody ought to acknowledge it other than me. I didn't notice but did your bug change to supporter which sounds like clothing? :shrug:

Ah yes, one VIP pass to the exclusive 2500 club.

golden-ticket.jpeg

Jan Skoyles interviewed on Max Keiser (gold talk ~16:10 mark):

Jan Skoyles interviewed on Max Keiser (gold talk ~16:10 mark):

Keiser Report: When US backed cartel controls meth trade (E508) - YouTube

Cliff Notes:
China's "official" reported gold reserves are 1000 tons (and very few people believe that number).

It is believed that China's actual reserves are over 3000 tons, with a goal to have 6000 tons by 2020.

It is also believed (e.g. Jim Rickards) that when China's reserves reach 4000 tons, that they will get more aggressive with the US in terms of the dollar. will be in a position to "cut the US loose" in terms of existing monetary relations.

It is speculated that the US has leased much or most of their gold to the gold bullion banks and has been sold into the market, including to China.

Tinfoil hat = on.
If the last sentence above is true, then it says that:
1) the banksters are/have been truly abandoning gold.
2) are completely committed to their fiat currencies, and have a new currency planned when the dollar comes to an end (one world currency, anyone?).
3) there will never be another gold-backed or semi-gold-backed currency, even after the dollar resets, at least as long as "they" are in power.
4) that the banksters are selling physical into the market to avoid physical supply crunches that would send the POG through the roof.

One has to wonder if they are reaching the limits of how much they can pad the market with physical gold, and if they would need another false flag event to prevent/divert a severe upward spike in the POG.

Also, one has to wonder if the govt shutdown and debt ceiling debacle is a diversion while some heavy duty talks and plans are being set up behind the scenes with regard to the above statements.
Tinfoil hat = off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom