US Mint Sales Down on AGE and ASE

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

white&yellow999

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
http://www.coinnews.net/2012/03/02/american-eagle-gold-silver-bullion-coin-sales-tumble-in-february/

Interesting article, apparently U.S Mint Sales in February took a dive.

I don't trust anyuthing the government gives me that purports to be either reporting of sales, statistics or any other information that can be polluted with "adjustments".

Fuck 'em and feed'em fish heads, every last lying mother fucker.

IMO this is the best part of the article:

If you actually click the link and go to the article, they have a table that reflects the sales of coins.... but somehow I don't believe that not 1, 2012 half once gold eagle was sold to a wholesaler in the month of February. How could that be possible?

I don't doubt that some retailers loaded up on the eagles in January in anticipation of high demand for the 2012 coins. If retail sales were slower than expectations, they would not need to restock as much in February. Month to month sales don't tell the whole story I think. Let's see how the monthly average looks come June or so (as compared to, say, last year).

Found this article saying sales seems to have picked up and have formed a definative uptrend but are not coming close to sales in the first quarter of 2011.

A side note, further in the article a quoted expert seems to feel that rare coins and numismatics are the way to go. IMO he is probably a coin dealer making a bigger profit on the numismatics and rare coins. He does say he believes the long term price on gold and silver is up, so at least we are in agreement there.

LINK http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page103855?oid=148848&sn=Detail&pid=102055

Retail sales of physical metals appear to have cooled a bit. Either peeps have shot their load over the last year or so, or are focusing their means on other things, but the bottom line is that we are not seeing "bubble" activity.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…