Veritaseum (VERI)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Voodoo

Yellow Jacket
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
... Bix recommended two cryptos, Theta and this one Veritasium, this is the one with the guy with all the patents.

Mod note: This post and the next post were split out of the THETA thread

Last edited by a moderator:
...... and this one Veritasium, this is the one with the guy with all the patents. ...

Reggie Middleton (founder/owner of Veritaseum) used to publish stuff on Zerohedge many years ago. His penchant for self promotion always rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, I have, coincidentally, been trying to read up on Reggie and his patent lawsuits over the last few days.

He got slapped by the SEC several years ago (2017-2019 ish). In 2022, he initiated a couple of lawsuits against Coinbase and Circle. I'm not able to read any details on the proceedings on these cases from PACER or or similar websites, but it looks like both cases were closed (abandoned?). No word of any settlement, so I'm left thinking the patents he touts to anyone who will listen might not be worth any more than toilet paper.

Coinbase:

Circle:

Last edited:
Paywalled article, so this is all I could read of it:
Financial analyst Reggie Middleton’s bid to maintain control of his cryptocurrency trading platform likely hinges on whether he marketed to investors that the platform’s patented technology was owned by Veritaseum Inc., an issue his lawyer said Tuesday “is a bit confusing.”

Associate Justices Kelly O’Neill Levy and Lizbeth González repeatedly questioned Middleton’s lawyer on the platform’s marketing to investors, as they contemplated Middleton’s appeal of a lower court order requiring him to transfer the intellectual property for the platform that he holds personally to Veritaseum and pay the company $1 million in punitive damages.

The lower court concluded in 2022 ...

Back
Top Bottom