What Cowboys Ate | Life during the 1800s Cattle Drives

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

and here I always thought it was this...

Utah Phillips - Moose Turd Pie​

That guy is a spitting image of my insurance agent (great guy btw)

What Cowboys Ate | Life during the 1800s Cattle Drives​

Take a step back in time as we take you back to the 1800's and the foods they ate while on the great American cattle drives.
15 minutes

Take a step back in time as we take you back to the 1800's and the foods they ate while on the great American cattle drives.
He says, at 3:35, "The chuckwagon, the first meals on wheels ever invented."

Wrong. The Roman Legions had chuckwagons to feed their soldiers, as did many such conquering armys through out history.

Otherwise, pretty cool history movin beves in the old West. I'm reading lots of Louis L'Amour these days for rec reading and I love that historical period. Think the Sackets...

I'm reading lots of Louis L'Amour these days
I happened into The Arc store about 20 years ago. Someone donated all these Louis L'Amour books...

Of course I bought one and read it in one day. I went back several times to buy all the rest that showed up.

Love Louis L'Amor books!

I happened into The Arc store about 20 years ago. Someone donated all these Louis L'Amour books...

Of course I bought one and read it in one day. I went back several times to buy all the rest that showed up.

Love Louis L'Amor books!
You would almost certainly like George MacDonald Fraser's series of comedic Flashman novels... especially one called "Flashman and the Redskins" <-- I've read it a dozen times, and laughed (and learned something new) every time.

Flashman is a big, handsome, fierce looking British Cavalry officer... decorated with the Victoria Cross and the Medal of Honor... and a total coward. The books are written by him -- 'fessing up how he ran and hid, tried to avoid trouble... and always wound up in the middle of it.

He caused the Charge of the Light Brigade by farting because he'd gotten into some bad champagne... "Flashman at the Charge".

Nobody ever mentions what was their favorite type of sushi?

A bit different............

Leanne Morgan Shares Her Christmas Breakfast Casserole | Cream Cheese and Sausage​

Dec 20, 2023

In this special Christmas episode, comedian Leanne Morgan joined us at the wagon and shared her family's favorite Christmas morning breakfast: Cream Cheese and Sausage Casserole recipe!

17:41

Cheesy Meatball Sub Sandwiches with Easy Homemade Marinara Sauce​

Jan 31, 2024

Printable recipe below! Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with these Cheesy Meatball Sub Sandwiches. Stuffed with gooey mozzarella cheese and smothered in a homemade marinara sauce. 15 mins long.

Printable Recipe: https://kentrollins.com/meatball-sub-...

Simple Cowboy Breakfast​

Feb 21, 2024

15:09

Back
Top Bottom