What should I do with this domain?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Hi guys, long time, no see.

As you're all very much aware, the ECB and the Fed are pushing really hard for "digital" euros and dollars. And I'm sure you're all also very aware that the new monetary system will not benefit us.

I happen to own a domain name (website address) that is very similar to the trademarked name of one of these digital currencies. It's so similar, in fact, that it will definitely be of great interest to the Fed/ECB. Sorry for not giving too many details, but I don't want to say too much about this, just to be on the safe side.

So the question is, what should I do with the domain? Should I make a site that exposes their lies and their motivation for a new monetary system? What do you think?

Hi mike, great to hear from you again. Hope you are doing well.

I wasn't aware that the ECB or Fed had trademarked a name yet, but assuming they had, and your domain name was close enough to compete with them in search results, you would have a hard time using the domain in any capacity that might be infringing on the trademark, so the utility of such a domain would be limited to either an info or parody site I would think.

As you might expect, we've been monitoring the developing story here. If you want some reference material for your site, you can mine some footnotes from stuff I've posted here over a good bit of time. Start here:

Sell it on ebay (-;

If you want to be critical of those who would control and are prepared for the nasty things they can and are currently doing to alt commentators, then use it for this but if you just want to live your life, then big it up as sometinng like that '21st century Fox' webpage that was going to be worth so much .....

Back
Top Bottom