Why Is Hollywood So Woke?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Why Is Hollywood So Woke?​

Entertainment journalist Christian Toto explores why almost everyone in Tinsel Town—from the top star to the lowest crew member—seems to fall on one side of the political spectrum. There is no shortage of reasons. But that doesn’t mean those reasons are commendable.

Haven't seen Prager's video. Mostly because he's not aiming it at people like myself...

But I can give one very-important reason why. MORE MONEY THAN INTELLECT.

Hollywood stars and producers, both, are filthy rich with relatively-easy work. Especially for the actors, it's not challenging or consuming tasks...memorize, practice accents, mannerisms. Nobody is busily trying to solve nuclear fission issues, there. No think-tank work is forthcoming.

They're bored; they're sated; their money provides protection from consequences...of drug use, bastardy, venereal disease, lawbreaking of various types. Their need for some sort of sensational stimulation leads them to drug and sex and alcohol-abuse sessions. Their self-doubt about their own status and worth, lead them to glom onto flatterers, generally authors and television yakkers.

One INSTANT way to gain validation is to practice moral posturing. Redefine morality, not as personal behaviors and values, but as public positions, especially on politics and social issues.

Liberalism is great for that; because liberalism is self-validating. You're smart; you prove it by being liberal; and because all the OTHER Smart People are also liberal, and all agree with you! The self-validating loop...that brooks no dissent.

Ergo, you have that hive of insanity, Hollywood.

Liberalism is great for that; because liberalism is self-validating. You're smart; you prove it by being liberal; and because all the OTHER Smart People are also liberal, and all agree with you! The self-validating loop...that brooks no dissent.
AKA - A Mutual Admiration Society aka A Circle Jerk

I'm going to paint with a broad brush here, because not all actors and actresses are evil people, but I suspect a high percentage of people who become actors are attention-needy and get their satisfaction by being noticed by others. Thus, if the perceived group,
or even perceived powerful, lean in a certain direction, the shallow, attention-seeker is going to lean in the same direction in order
to receive positive feedback. Basically, I think it's a psychological deficiency. Again, not all of them fall into this category, but certainly
a lot more than we'd like.

Another interesting question is whether Hollywood has always been like this, or did it get worse over time?

I'm going to paint with a broad brush here, because not all actors and actresses are evil people, but I suspect a high percentage of people who become actors are attention-needy and get their satisfaction by being noticed by others. Thus, if the perceived group,
or even perceived powerful, lean in a certain direction, the shallow, attention-seeker is going to lean in the same direction in order
to receive positive feedback. Basically, I think it's a psychological deficiency. Again, not all of them fall into this category, but certainly
a lot more than we'd like.

Another interesting question is whether Hollywood has always been like this, or did it get worse over time?
once something begins to rot and few / no one stops it, soon the decay is everywhere

Fatty Arbuckle anyone?

and i'm certain he wasn't the first or the only one

Always been.

Remember the saying, "In like Flynn"? Errol Flynn always got in. Every wet, soft portal he tried for.

Jack Warner was known to be pretty sharp with his third leg.

And let's not forget...what "actresses" were prior to the Modern Age. They were on the same status as prostitutes; and in fact, many such theater actresses sidelined that way.

No, the only new thing here, is the googobs of money they now make, at their low-skill craft...cashing in on photogenic good looks...

Back
Top Bottom