You’re Hired! No Interview Required in Tight Labor Market

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

You’re Hired! No Interview Required in Tight Labor Market​

By Sarah Chaney Cambon
Dec. 10, 2022 5:30 am ET

Some employers racing to snap up workers in the tight labor market are omitting a step once considered crucial to hiring: the job interview.

United Parcel Service Inc. has bulked up its staff without conducting job interviews for package handlers and seasonal drivers. Home Depot Inc. has sent job offers as quickly as 24 hours after candidates apply, in some cases eliminating the interview process. Gap Inc. has dropped job interviews for some warehousing positions.

Many of the positions that don’t require interviews are hourly and in sectors with elevated rates of turnover, such as warehousing and retail. The abandonment of the job interview, while still a rarity, is happening at companies trying to fill certain roles as the labor market slowly cools from its rebound from the pandemic.

More:

does that mean candidates don't have to take a drug test any more?
...or produce a Jab Card?

Or is it, they wait until you get USED to these (relatively) big paychecks, and THEN drop the hammer...Jab or starve.

Not playing. I want the interview - both so that they can see if I fit in, and so I can see what kind of people THEY are.

Back
Top Bottom