YUGE new law in effect July 1 in Floriduh -- NO CCW permit needed

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Finally a common sense gun law.

Look at it this way. Law abiding citizens aren't going to have an issue getting a permit anyway, and the criminals don't give a shit if they are breaking the law by carrying without a permit.

I don't leave my property without having a gun on me.

Yup. I'd put it down to something akin to the Doolittle Raid.

Obvious reason: Law abiding Floridians can easily get a CCW. Felons cannot. But felons carry...

So there is no big change other than it sure looks and sounds good.

Not having to get a specific ccw permit means in missouri you don't have to go on a permit list, be in a gov fingerprint data base...etc.....the less gov lists I am on the better imo

Not having to get a specific ccw permit means in missouri you don't have to go on a permit list, be in a gov fingerprint data base...etc.....the less gov lists I am on the better imo

Here in Virginia, which is a "shall issue" state, I never had to be fingerprinted to get my CCW. Maybe you have to now, I really don't know, but 25 or so years ago you didn't. Now the permit is good for 5 years and I just keep reapplying by mail for a renewal and they just keep giving it to me.

Fingerprints are already on record, however, as for most of my adult life I got fingerprinted every five years like clockwork. Every five years the FBI would come around and talk to all my neighbors as well. It's funny to notice how they react to that. Some of them let you know and say things like, "Are you in some sort of trouble?" While others look at you funny and avoid you. :ROFLMAO: I had one neighbor who would call me on the phone before the dark sedan was even out of her driveway. "Don't you worry, Honey, I didn't tell them nothing!"

Here in Virginia, which is a "shall issue" state, I never had to be fingerprinted to get my CCW. Maybe you have to now, I really don't know, but 25 or so years ago you didn't. Now the permit is good for 5 years and I just keep reapplying by mail for a renewal and they just keep giving it to me.

Fingerprints are already on record, however, as for most of my adult life I got fingerprinted every five years like clockwork. Every five years the FBI would come around and talk to all my neighbors as well. It's funny to notice how they react to that. Some of them let you know and say things like, "Are you in some sort of trouble?" While others look at you funny and avoid you. :ROFLMAO: I had one neighbor who would call me on the phone before the dark sedan was even out of her driveway. "Don't you worry, Honey, I didn't tell them nothing!"
years ago before when you had to obtain a permit in this state to carry concealed part of the process was ...a 1 day training course that involved fingerprinting and obviously you went on a list .......i never obtained my cc permit because of those reasons....now cc requires no permits etc just have to be elgible to own a firearm ....cc permits are still available mostly for other state reciprocity

Still good to have CCW permit when traveling to a recipricol state.

Still good to have CCW permit when traveling to a recipricol state.

another benifit is having a ccw permit does assure the seller you are a allowed firearms buyer in a person to person transation

i just always figured if the government wanted my fingerprints they could come pry them from my cold dead hands LOL

years ago before when you had to obtain a permit in this state to carry concealed part of the process was ...a 1 day training course that involved fingerprinting and obviously you went on a list .......i never obtained my cc permit because of those reasons....now cc requires no permits etc just have to be elgible to own a firearm ....cc permits are still available mostly for other state reciprocity
In Noo Yawk State, back in the Olden Days, I got my explosives and pistol permit. <-- That was one thing back then. They took side palm prints, flat palm prints, pingle prints, photo ID. And the pistol type and serial # had to be on the permit.

Since I was active military, I didn't have to complete any training course.

Back
Top Bottom