Gold Backs, The New Gold Currency -- Jeremy Cordon

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

Gold Backs, The New Gold Currency -- Jeremy Cordon​

Jun 5, 2023

20:05

Kerry Lutz and Jeremy Cordon discussed Gold Backs, a form of commodity money that is split into a thousand pieces and wrapped in a protective layer to make it nearly impossible to counterfeit. Nearly half of all small businesses approached are interested in accepting Gold Backs. Since 2019, they have become the most successful local currency in American history. They are worth four dollars each and have a 5% spread on them, tighter than silver.

Gold Back Inc. has created a product that is a series of local currencies that are tied to the Uniform Commercial Code and are exchangeable for a gold eagle. It has been sold on every continent except Antarctica and has added three quarters of a million people to the gold market in the past few years. It is sold by big metals dealers and online retailers, and more information can be found at www.GoldBack.com.

Visit GoldBack at: https://goldback.com

***Nothing to see. You can listen in 1 window, play around in bugland or surf the web in a different window.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe either of these things are accurate.

" tied to the Uniform Commercial Code and are exchangeable for a gold eagle."

I don't know but I kinda like them and I guess am starting a collection. I have at least one of each of the first four States so I guess I have the next ones I need to buy. The artwork on these seem a bit more simplistic but I do like the 10 and 50.

You can "host" one of these atms, but I don't know what that means exactly...

GoldATM: Turning Cash into Goldbacks​

Citizens for Sound Money (C4SM) Chairman & Founder Dr. Jim Forsythe interviews the CEO & Founder of GoldATM, Andrew Carey, about how the concept of GoldATMs came about, their plans for expansion to a city near you, and about The Sound Money Act and how Gold and Silver as money are inevitable.

C4SM is a 501c4 non-profit organization that promotes and advocates the use of Sound Money.
Please help us continue to promote and advocate for Sound Money through our legislative initiative, The Sound Money Act, which will:

1) Make gold and silver legal tender
2) Establish state depository
3) Create transactional gold and silver

Timestamps

0:00 - Start
1:00 - Why is Sound Money Important?
2:19 - Andrew Carey and GoldATM Background
12:14 - Why is Cash Important?
22:53 - Halfway
41:34 - Link of Importance
45:16 - Outro

Currency Made of Actual Gold Hoping to Reach Nevadan’s Wallets​

Imagine paying your grocery tab or tipping your waiter in actual gold. That’s a future that the company Goldback envisions with their golden money, which they describe as a “local, voluntary currency.”

“It’s been created to be used locally so that people can purchase goods and services if they want to accept gold as payment in their business,” said Goldback marketing manager Jeff Meigs. “It really gets people into the precious metals space that have never purchased gold before for around $4.”

One Goldback contains 1/1000th of an ounce of gold. It’s not U.S. tender, but businesses can choose to accept it as payment in states like Nevada where gold payment is legal.

More:

Everything I've seen about those GoldBacks says they would work just as well as FRN's, except you know, actually be money.

Back
Top Bottom