Royal Canadian Mint sales of Maples

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
According to the information just released by the Royal Canadian Mint, sales of Gold & Silver Maples are beating all records. Not only are Canadian Maple sales surpassing its own previous records, Gold Maple Leaf sales actually out performed U.S. Gold Eagles during the second quarter of 2013.

The Royal Canadian Mint just published its Q2 2013 Fiscal Report showing that it sold 403,000 oz of Gold Maples in the 13 week period ending on June 29th, 2013 compared to 165,000 during the same period last year. Furthermore, Silver Maple Leaf sales increased to 6.4 million Q2 2013 compared to 4 million in Q2 2012.
Together, Silver Maple and Silver Eagle sales will hit between 68-71 million oz in 2013. This is an amazing figure as it represents 9% of total world silver production of 787 million ounces in 2012. Also, we must remember this 9% investment demand is just from these two Official Mints.

More: http://srsroccoreport.com/canadian-...s/canadian-maple-leaf-sales-beat-all-records/

What's not to like about Canadian coins? They've got oil, lumber, and the Property Brothers ;)

4 nine fine silver of the same weight in 3 nine fine silver for generally a bit less than eagle, seems like people are catching on. Not to mention the face value on the maple is 5x that of an eagle, and the Canadian dollar is just about equal to the US dollar and has been for several years now. I doubt we'll see sub $5 silver again, but if it did then the maples are going to at least hold more of their value. The maple has also been generally rarer which looks like might not be true for this years run, but will be interesting to see if it stays that way. I like to have both, but I buy more maples than eagles.

As it got down to under 24 today, I had to make an unscheduled interlude with my LCS. Grabbed a couple maples for $26.50ea. and a handfull of junk 1/2's.

... Demand for the Gold & Silver Maple Leaf coins have been so strong in the first three-quarters of 2013 that they have already beat the total figures for 2012:

Total Silver Maple Leaf sales in the first nine months of 2013 were 19.7 million, surpassing the total 18.1 million for 2012. In addition, Gold Maple sales are already 12% higher at 867,000 oz compared to 772,000 oz for the total in 2012.

If this strong sales trend continues, we may see another ALL TIME RECORD in Silver Maple sales in 2013. In 2011, the Royal Canadian Mint sold 23.1 million Silver Maples which is only 3.4 million more than has been sold in the first three-quarters of 2013. ...

http://srsroccoreport.com/canadian-...ver-maple-leaf-sales-already-beat-2012-total/

I wish RCM released numbers like the US Mint does. They only release the production numbers in their quarterly reports, so it'll be a while before we get the total for 2013.

I believe that their adding the security "privy" from the Gold Maple, and the radial background to the field of the coin will increase demand. If that new field will reduce milkspots, then they'd really do well. I'm really surprised that they can't come up with a way to fix that, either by changing detergents or adding a "scrubbing" step into the process before minting.

Not only did Canadian Maple Leaf sales shatter all records in 2013, their percentage gain was twice as much compared to Silver Eagles. The Royal Canadian Mint just released their 2013 Annual Report and sales of their Silver Maples were the highest on record.

According to the data released by the Royal Canadian Mint, there were 28.2 million Silver Maples sold in 2013. This is an astonishing figure as it was a 56% increase over the 18.1 million ounces sold in 2012.

More: http://srsroccoreport.com/canadian-...-silver-maple-leaf-sales-shatter-all-records/

The pressure appears to be building to even greater levels as each month passes. This will not end well for the Brotherhood of Darkness.

Hmmm....

Canadian silver production declined significantly in the first two months of 2014 compared to last year. The huge drop off in production was due to the closure of two base metal mines and one primary silver mine in 2013.

Silver production in Canada declined from 119.5 metric tons (3.84 million oz) in January and February 2013, to 70 metric tons (2.25 million oz) in the first two months of 2014.

... as the Royal Canadian Mint continues to ramp up sales of its Silver Maples, the country will have to import more silver to make up for the shortfall in domestic production.

http://srsroccoreport.com/canadian-...canadian-silver-production-down-signficantly/

Hey Bug,
That means prices will go down. Remember the Kennecott mine collapse,supposedy big drop in production,prices went down.:rotflmbo:
What a freakshow we live in.:doodoo:

Those Canadian coins might sell better if they got rid of the picture of that nasty-looking old lady on the obverse... *

Daniella Cambone maybe (kitco.com's reporter-ette)

* just yanking rblong2us' chain here

Maybe if they did a hot girl with big titties? You know, like the vignette you see from time to time on semi rig mud flaps. ;-)

The Royal Canadian Mint released sales figures for 2014 recently:
“Sales of Gold Maple Leafs (GML) declined 37.8% to 709,200 troy ounces from 1,140,400 ounces in 2013 while the average price declined 10.2% to US$1,266.40 per ounce in 2014 from US$1,411.23 per ounce in 2013.”
“In sharp contrast, sales of Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coins increased to 29.2 million ounces from 28.2 million ounces in 2013, establishing a record volume of sales for the second consecutive year. While the volume of coins sold increased 3.5%, the average silver price declined 19.7% from $US23.8 per ounce in 2013 to $US19.1 per ounce in 2014.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/the-canadian-mints-sales-numbers-are-out-heres-what-they-reveal/

Well at least me switching from buying less maples and more of their 10 ozt bars didn't have much an effect on the silver. I'd still much rather have a gold maple than a gold eagle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom