• 3 Post By DSAbug
  • 1 Post By bushi
  • 1 Post By CharlesMcLain

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Fly on the wall

Liked: 10 times
Gold Price 2014 Prediction & Outlook - Peter Schiff

Clearly Gold has been part of the bull market and investors are very bullish about it. This is because the FED is artificially inflating the stock market and dollar. This is increasing economic growth, a strong equity market and with low inflation is the exact situation where gold falls. heres peter schiff gold outlook for the rest of 2013 and 2014.

Whats your thoughts on it? Do you agree with him?

jprich16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #2

Liked: 459 times
I simply don't think it makes much sense to put your metals with a custodian. What's the point of owning gold if you aren't getting rid of counter party risk?

If you are going to own anything gold in your ira, go with the mining companies. Keep your stack separate.

I also don't think IRAs are going to continue to exist in their present form. I fully expect they will confiscate IRAs, pension etc.. Either overtly or by forcing us to buy bonds or something.
PMBug, bushi and benjamen like this.

Last edited by DSAbug; 05-14-2013 at 09:49 AM.
DSAbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Ground Beetle

Liked: 554 times
Good points by Schiff re: fundamentals, although one thing to point out - "people are going to want to store their savings in REAL money, something that preserves purchasing power despite the inflation" - that's rather thin argument. How does it preserve purchasing power, as measured in "worthless fiat", if it goes DOWN, as measured in "worthless fiat", despite the inflation??? LOL
Although I agree with him, I believe that this is just a correction (although, a big one), and all the reasons that made me to turn to precious metals two years ago, are still in place - only, much more today . Current market rally is beyond ridiculous, loved that #Twit from Rickards from May the 7th:

"DOW closes above 15k. Repeat after me:This is not a bubble. This is not a bubble. This is not a bubble. This is not a bubble. "
PMBug likes this.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
Fly on the wall

Liked: 8 times
Well, good predictions and foresight by Peter Schiff, however, with the current trend be it gold, silver, stock, etc…one can’t really stay happy investing in just one market but plan asset allocation and withdrawal plan smartly.
Aubuy likes this.
CharlesMcLain is offline   Reply With Quote