Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Silver Bug

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ancona
  • 1 Post By Jay
  • 3 Post By Jay
  • 1 Post By swissaustrian

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 42 times
Correction

I guess we're going through that "correction" now.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
PM Bug Supporter

Liked: 691 times
Yet the eBay/24hgold widget still shows offer of some $1780, a premium of over 13% (fairly high, but this premium jumps around a lot, I have not seen much predictive power of this little data source). See for yourselves, bottom pf 24hgold's home page:

24hgold.com
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Silver is getting bitchslammed because I bough several tubes of ASE's. The PM Gods are angry at me. :-(
dali lambone likes this.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Silver is getting bitchslammed because I bough several tubes of ASE's. The PM Gods are angry at me. :-(
sorry, but you're not that powerful. It was me.
ancona likes this.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Jay
Yellow Jacket

actually, the part that's killing me is that I ordered two tubes, the check cleared Mon night, but nothing in my mailbox yet. I forgot to get the mail yesterday; my distrustful mind says....
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
If you got them from APMEX, it will take another week if you paid by check. I still like tham for buys between 100 and 250 oz. 'cause I can do a bank wire transfer for thirty bucks and have my metal in [sometimes] less than a week.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Actually, I probably would have saved through APMEX. Most stuff that I buy through the mail I buy from Paul Sims in Virginia. 5.00 flat shipping, sometimes in my mailbox before the check clears. (but I think this is because I've been buying from them for a long time). But lately they have gone way up in their premiums. Lets see, silver was 31.85 when I bought the two rolls, maybe last Monday (week ago) and they were getting 37.75. LCS was getting 38. (for ASE's). Having said that, I'm not in it for "profit", so a few dollars "probably" doesn't matter.

Local jewelry guy came into the produce department where I work Monday and said he had just bought a box of silver dollars (he calls ANYTHING silver dollars, Cambodian) and made a hand gesture indicating a box about three feet square. Curious to see what he's got, but he was very busy when I went by his place, so I told him I'd come back later. Last time I got that mint 5oz Libertad in the issue box for 145 dollars (he called that a silver dollar also). Who knows what he has got.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
Payday is coming soon, and I'm really tempted to BTFD, but I know I read somewhere that the downward trend will continue through April. I wish I could remember the source, but you guys know how it is, reading about PMs all the time, you lose track.

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by mike View Post:
Payday is coming soon, and I'm really tempted to BTFD, but I know I read somewhere that the downward trend will continue through April. I wish I could remember the source, but you guys know how it is, reading about PMs all the time, you lose track.
I was reading ZH comments last night, and my 11 year old was reading over my shoulder. He kept coming up with hilarious acronyms for BTFD. (I never did tell him what it meant).
PMBug, mike and benjamen like this.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
Originally Posted by Jay View Post:
I was reading ZH comments last night, and my 11 year old was reading over my shoulder. He kept coming up with hilarious acronyms for BTFD. (I never did tell him what it meant).

Ha ha, awesome!

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 71 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
I take part of the blame. Bought some paper metals yesterday. A small position, but seems like POG and POS drop whenever I buy. I apologize unreservedly.

Still have a lot of cash on hand (wife has been letting her paycheck sit in her savings account, and finally transferred some over to my account to invest). At the way things are going, PMs may stay at a measly 4% of my portfolio. The stock market is giving me better returns at this point.
superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 925 times
Somebody in Asia seems to just have waited for the Globex opening to start buying. Volume for this usually illiquid time of the day is really high.
swissaustrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 925 times
Putting trading volumes for the whole trading day into perspective:
ancona likes this.
swissaustrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #14
Jay
Yellow Jacket

ah, looks like uncle Ernan is doing it again
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #15
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2444 times
Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post:
Somebody in Asia seems to just have waited for the Globex opening to start buying. Volume for this usually illiquid time of the day is really high.
Chinese Lunar New Year holiday is over now.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote