Correction

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yet the eBay/24hgold widget still shows offer of some $1780, a premium of over 13% (fairly high, but this premium jumps around a lot, I have not seen much predictive power of this little data source). See for yourselves, bottom pf 24hgold's home page:

24hgold.com

Silver is getting bitchslammed because I bough several tubes of ASE's. The PM Gods are angry at me. :-(

actually, the part that's killing me is that I ordered two tubes, the check cleared Mon night, but nothing in my mailbox yet. I forgot to get the mail yesterday; my distrustful mind says....

If you got them from APMEX, it will take another week if you paid by check. I still like tham for buys between 100 and 250 oz. 'cause I can do a bank wire transfer for thirty bucks and have my metal in [sometimes] less than a week.

Actually, I probably would have saved through APMEX. Most stuff that I buy through the mail I buy from Paul Sims in Virginia. 5.00 flat shipping, sometimes in my mailbox before the check clears. (but I think this is because I've been buying from them for a long time). But lately they have gone way up in their premiums. Lets see, silver was 31.85 when I bought the two rolls, maybe last Monday (week ago) and they were getting 37.75. LCS was getting 38. (for ASE's). Having said that, I'm not in it for "profit", so a few dollars "probably" doesn't matter.

Local jewelry guy came into the produce department where I work Monday and said he had just bought a box of silver dollars (he calls ANYTHING silver dollars, Cambodian) and made a hand gesture indicating a box about three feet square. Curious to see what he's got, but he was very busy when I went by his place, so I told him I'd come back later. Last time I got that mint 5oz Libertad in the issue box for 145 dollars (he called that a silver dollar also). Who knows what he has got.

Payday is coming soon, and I'm really tempted to BTFD, but I know I read somewhere that the downward trend will continue through April. I wish I could remember the source, but you guys know how it is, reading about PMs all the time, you lose track.

Payday is coming soon, and I'm really tempted to BTFD, but I know I read somewhere that the downward trend will continue through April. I wish I could remember the source, but you guys know how it is, reading about PMs all the time, you lose track.

I was reading ZH comments last night, and my 11 year old was reading over my shoulder. He kept coming up with hilarious acronyms for BTFD. (I never did tell him what it meant).

Silver is getting bitchslammed because I bough several tubes of ASE's. The PM Gods are angry at me. :-(

I take part of the blame. Bought some paper metals yesterday. A small position, but seems like POG and POS drop whenever I buy. I apologize unreservedly.

Still have a lot of cash on hand (wife has been letting her paycheck sit in her savings account, and finally transferred some over to my account to invest). At the way things are going, PMs may stay at a measly 4% of my portfolio. The stock market is giving me better returns at this point.

Somebody in Asia seems to just have waited for the Globex opening to start buying. Volume for this usually illiquid time of the day is really high.

Putting trading volumes for the whole trading day into perspective:
16bd65k.gif

Back
Top Bottom