2017 Economic Prediction/Discussion

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ECONOMYKING

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum.

I strongly believe unless the "War on Terror", escalates the stock market will continue to rise in 2017. I do not see corporate profits falling and the dollar falling to much in 2017.

What do you think about the video below? I like the 3rd reason but besides that I think my economic view is correct, as it was in 2016.

I also, do not think Trump will change the foreign policy to much which would cause some disruptions.

Anyways here is the video:

The video is a bunch of disjointed commentaries and interviews. It doesn't really lay out a thesis for specific reasons. There will always be negative headwinds to markets and such. The real trick is figuring out which issues have the potential to catastrophically disrupt things. Central banks are coordinating to prevent systemic break downs in the banking sectors and they have their work cut out for them in 2017. European banks are going to be a challenge in 2017. A civil war in Venezuela could put more stress on oil markets, but I'm not convinced that it's going to be a domino that collapses everything. I suspect 2017 is going to be another year of living on the edge.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :wave:

My view is that if a potential problem can be predicted, it can be managed, as long as the control system remains as it is or is further tightened.

It will probably require a genuine 'black swan' event to throw the system out of kilter enough for systemic failure o be triggered.

Back
Top Bottom