3 scenarios for Oil

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Renewed Investor

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
A great little article from Forbes.

Link

"Given the recent ramp up in oil prices, Barclays Capital analysts explored the impact on oil demand and economic growth. They’ve built a set of three scenarios at prices of $100, $125 and $150 per barrel, and one bonus scenario based on their base-case status quo oil price forecast of $115 per barrel. They then quantified the implications for oil demand based on those prices."

Regardless of price movement, I think I am gonna ditch my main car and trade it in for a Diesel with high MPG. I'm sick of paying through my nose to get around.

One thing they didn't appear to mention/factor is the military complex demand should more war break out. I'm guessing their modeling process attempted to guess demand based upon price differential without considering why the price might be elevated. The why could be a very important factor impacting the demand equation (both for the private sector economy and the military complex).

Back
Top Bottom