Ann Barnhardt interviewed by Peter Schiff

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Island_Dweller

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I thought Ann came across well; however, I lost some respect for Schiff much like I did with Celente. It seems these guys talk one game and play another.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Sorry if anyone else posted this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our forefathers pledged their "Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor" to each other in the Declaration of Independence and Peter Schiff squirms when Ann asks him to stop playing the markets. I got to admit that really bothered me about Peter.

ID,
I watche dthe interview and was equaly surprised by her candor about the industry, Thank God someone is willing to speak the truth!

People will always act in their own perceived best interests. Ann clearly sees the political and monetary issues as more urgent than her personal or professional gain. Peter clearly doesn't (yet). You could take this as either Peter is being selfish (looking out for his own interests) or more moderate (believes there is light at the end of the tunnel).

PMBug,
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunately for us, it is the fiscal reality we have been avoiding for so long, and there is no stopping it as it plunges towards us all.

Best of luck to all of us in the coming New Year.

Last edited:
What we need a lot more of is other funds selling out and announcing that they cannot or will not try and compete in a fixed bankster rip off scam.

They need to go directly to the miners and take delivery from them. Some funds are already doing that. The only other viable option is to go overseas.

I don't know Derek, overseas may soon be the same as right here. With banking behemoths like JPM et. al. being given special access and the ability to hide crazy stuff like re-hypothecation and naked shorts, who's to say that it's any more fair on the overseas exchanges?

I still say that if you can't hold it, you don't own it. It's the same thing with stocks as it is with PM's. You qare relying on your broker to actually purchase the stocks you order and hold them for you on account. When a broker can merely show you they have 1000 shares of Corp. "X" on their books, who can say for certainty that they are held exclusively in your name? Those shares may be shown on ten different statements to ten different clients, all of whom believe those thousand shares belong exclusively to them. I would imagine that any broker in any country could pull the same shit, and the clients would never be the wiser. Menawhile, the broker is free to peel off a vig every month and at each buy in/sell out point. What a fucking racket.

Why anyone still plays this rigged market is a mystery to me. I guess it's just gambling addiction or they just believe the propaganda.

I think that those who believe in the system the most will get hurt the most.

Ann is no longer the lone voice warning people to "GET OUT. GET OUT. GET OUT."

Jim Sinclair is echoing the same refrain:
How anyone can put any money in a securities/commodities clearinghouse is beyond me. You risk your financial life to win trading then end up with practically nothing whatsoever.

The system is totally broken. Governments are busted. The securities insurance programs are wildly over extended by the fact that their capitalization cannot guarantee what they are supposed to be guaranteeing

QE invents money out of thin air, and because of that is the only central bank tool and will have to run at full speed to infinity. How the Fed and Treasury utilize QE is totally up to them. They could buy MS or PFG bonds if they wanted to.

Right now in a busted clearinghouse you have no financial relief from anyone because of bankruptcy laws. If you think any industry organization of government regulator is going to give you a cent you are really stupid. You have to assume that if it was not for funds that have to trade commodities, the commodities market volume would be finished. The commodity market of the future has to be guaranteed by the US Treasury and Fed like they guaranteed OTC derivatives, or it will not exist.

You want to see an explosion watch when the clearinghouses in grains implode. Clearinghouse risk exists in shares as well as commodities, so how the hell can you sit back so comfortably, trusting the typical sociopath Wall Streeter to put your money ahead of his/hers?

Those of you with your fancy special tax treatment retirement accounts are sitting ducks dependent on your clearing house broker and/or the will of the government.

http://www.jsmineset.com/2012/07/25/the-system-here-and-there-is-totally-broken/

I think I know why Peter is being a little coy. He probably doesn't use US broker/dealers and doesn't want to explicitly say it because it would ruin his chances during a political run for office. It would be used against him if he admitted his accounts were based out of HK.

Back
Top Bottom