Anyone who believes in a return to a gold standard is an "extremist" according to the FBI

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
We're all extremists now:
This is not a joke:
Believe In A Return To The Gold Standard? You Are Now Officially An Extremist According To The FBI
Just when we thought the US could not sink any further in its usurpation of civil rights, here comes the FBI to advise all those who tend to think that the broken economic model of the past century is the cause for the global insolvency, that wanton fiat diluation and reckless debt issuance does not 'fix' the problem of uber-leverage, and that the gold standard is the proper way to return to monetary stability, will henceforth be considered extremists. From Reuters: "Anti-government extremists opposed to taxes and regulations pose a growing threat to local law enforcement officers in the United States, the FBI warned on Monday. These extremists, sometimes known as "sovereign citizens," believe they can live outside any type of government authority, FBI agents said at a news conference." And the most epic line ever written: "The extremists may refuse to pay taxes, defy government environmental regulations and believe the United States went bankrupt by going off the gold standard." So... the US did not go bankrupt by going off the gold standard? But why did the US "go bankrupt" then? We are confused.
read more: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/belie...ou-are-now-officially-extremist-according-fbi

Original article from Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/07/us-usa-fbi-extremists-idUSTRE81600V20120207

~~~

This is more SPLC driven thought crime paranoia.

wow... just wow!

I'd never thought, that an "extremist" would be allowed to campaign for a presidency in the US - see, that is a sign how open and free a society you guys have there!
Ron Paul for president, someone have to put an end to all this nonsense nightmare, for cying out loud..

A terrorist?!?!

Really?!?!

If I have to wear that ridiculous fucking towel on my head.....I don't want to be a terrorist.........buyt I still want a gold standard, and Janet Napolitano can go take a flying fuck at a rolling dildo.

Love Joe Satriani - Steve Vai, Eric Johnson. Heavy metal without all that "go to the devil" crap - it's just a great day to be alive and rock hard!

That other - they have to be kidding. No, they are using a tiny "Soveriegn citizen" wacko movement to paint all PM people with a bad brush - and justify more spending on themselves to protect us from....oops...

anything they can do to turn you into a criminal. all of this is not really a suprise. maybe then they can seize your assets, since you are a criminal/terrorist and can now be detained indefinately. not like you'll need em where they'll send ya!

I remember reading somewhere several years ago, where people were challenged that they could not go one full day without breaking at least one law, no matter how hard they tried. And if I remember correctly, every person failed the test.

The moral of the story was that there are so many laws on the books that if "they" decided to enforce them, we would all be "criminals".

Add on top of that, now there are laws and directives that make the average person both a criminal AND a terrorist.

Bunch of effin malarky. I think I want to go have an ancona moment.;):soap:

Last edited:
I remember reading somewhere that in the USSR they made the laws so complex and intricate that everyone broke the law every day. The authorities did this so they could arrest anyone on just a whim (or for whatever reason).

Hmm. Sounds like this, what you guys are writing above.

I am hearing Andean music in my head this morning...

Yes. The effect of all these silly laws is to move well away from any sort of innocent till proven guilty or due process limitations on government, and make a new sort of class divide to have warfare over again - it's the slow boil destruction of freedom and democracy. Nice try, but human nature rules again.

It's like the saying, "when they came for the jews, I didn't do anything because I'm not a jew" and so on.

This allows discretionary enforcement, which can be good, but often gets abused. For example, where I live, going around without ID and $200 is "vagrancy". Never enforced except on drunken drifters - so far. Or it turns out that in VA oral sex is illegal under an old law meant to repress gays - but it applies to married people in their bedrooms - only they never enforce it (good thing!).

The thing is, like that boiling frog - if you let it build up to a point, then you are too weak to hop out of the pot - you make trouble, rock the boat, and any one of those laws gets you "taken out of the way" before you can organize any sort of meaningful resistance to this creeping crap.

They're perfectly happy you violate all this stuff privately - no problem, none of that stuff ever was - to anyone. What they are sweating is people becoming "like minded" and a force they can't ignore or discredit so easily.

It's already like this in the less developed countries - don't fall afoul of the Mexican or Venezuelan police (couldn't speak to Peru)...bribes to stay out of trouble are rampant, and I'm told are pro-rata - the more money you are known to have, the more it costs to stay free. I know you used to be able to walk around in the Bahamas with a dope bag hanging out of your back pocket - as long as there was a $20 bill hanging out a little farther...

I remember reading somewhere that in the USSR they made the laws so complex and intricate that everyone broke the law every day. The authorities did this so they could arrest anyone on just a whim (or for whatever reason).

...well they didn't have to go to such troubles as pointing out the specific laws that were broken, they would just knock on your door in the dead of the night and make you vanish, together with torturing and interrogating you by all the possible intimidating & sadist measures they could think of - something that US administration is already capable of doing LAWFULLY today, by a mere ACCUSATION of someone being a terrorist... (which as we know includes goldbugs and libertarians now, followed soon by anyone with a shrewd of critical & independent thinking, I suppose). So it is quite scary to read to me, being born & risen in a totalitarian country, where US was seen as a "land of the Free"... Land of the free no more, apparently!

But yes, there was a saying, supposedly by uncle Stalin: "find me a person, and I will find a paragraph on him". Paragraph, as in laws that one supposedly had broken, one day or another.

Last edited:
*bump*

I've been aware of the SPLC driven agenda to paint "far right wing political groups" as domestic extremists for some time now:

Feb 2009 MIAC memo: http://www.scribd.com/doc/13290698/...vementMissouri-MIAC-Strategic-Report-20Feb09-

The MIAC memo was issued a month after a Campaign for Liberty event in St. Louis (Missouri).

Fallout from that:

Glenn Beck: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510325,00.html

Missouri Lt. Governor press conference: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...-Kinder-calls-out-Gov-Nixon-over-MIAC-scandal

Press release from ALIPAC with more details on what instruction police received over and above what was included in the MIAC report:
March 26, 2009 -- ALIPAC is issuing a national advisory to all local, state, and Federal law enforcement agencies and officers, along with all DHS Fusion Centers, a warning against any reliance upon faulty and politicized research issued by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and Anti Defamation League (ADL).

A national scandal emerged in Missouri, after their MIAC Fusion Center issued an eight page document which made many false claims. The documents attempted to politicize police and cast suspicion on millions of Americans. The 'Missouri Documents', as they came to be called, listed over 32 characteristics police should watch for as signs or links to domestic terrorists, which could threaten police officers, court officials, and infrastructure targets.

Police were instructed to look for Americans who were concerned about unemployment, taxes, illegal immigration, gangs, border security, abortion, high costs of living, gun restrictions, FEMA, the IRS, The Federal Reserve, and the North American Union/SPP/North American Community. The 'Missouri Documents' also said potential domestic terrorists might like gun shows, short wave radios, combat movies, movies with white male heroes, Tom Clancey Novels, and Presidential Candidates Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and Chuck Baldwin!

The Southern Poverty Law Center was cited as a research source for the 'Missouri Documents'. Furthermore, the attempt of these documents to cast suspicion of violent and life threatening behavior on millions of Americans who are concerned about these issues is consistent with the regularly released political materials of both the SPLC and ADL.

More: http://www.mmdnewswire.com/missouri-miac-4829.html

The Oath Keepers found a smoking gun on the relationship between the SPLC and the DHS:
As the below document makes clear, Southern Poverty Law Center is Now Officially Part of DHS. The CEO of SPLC now sits on the DHS “Working Group on Countering Violent Extremism” along with the leaders of other So-called Non Government Organizations (but can we really call them such now that they are part of the government?) And select “law enforcement” officers such as the Clark County Nevada Sheriff, Doug Gillespie. What does the working group do? Make recommendations on training and how to use all of the local resources – police, social services, media, NGO’s, you name it – to fight “extremism. So, now no need to file a FOIA request to discover that SPLC is writing the reports naming constitutionalists as possible terrorists. ...

More: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2010/10/08/its-official-southern-poverty-law-center-is-now-part-of-dhs/

I bring all that up for context. Looks like the SPLC/DHS initiative has spread from domestic law enforcement to the military. This is from West Point:
A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

The report issued this week by the Combating Terrorism Center at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., is titled “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.”

The center — part of the institution where men and women are molded into Army officers — posted the report Tuesday. It lumps limited government activists with three movements it identifies as “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”

The West Point center typically focuses reports on al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists attempting to gain power in Asia, the Middle East and Africa through violence.

But its latest study turns inward and paints a broad brush of people it considers “far right.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/west-point-center-cites-dangers-far-right-us/

Between this and the supposed litmus tests, one has to wonder about the future.

good thing my canoe sank. Didn't have registration numbers anyway....

We're probably in the last days of even having the freedom to post in something like 'Fiat Ponzi' or even PMbug, pretty soon you're going to log on and I'm going to see what I saw on my favorite poker site a while back...

fbiwarning.jpg

Based upon what I read on the DHS list and this more recent West Point list, I should be on the FBI Ten Most Wanted list at the post office. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom