Bernanke Testimony

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DSAbug

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Fed is talking slower growth (sub 2% GDP in 2nd half) and his speech is pretty dovish. Still, people seem to want him to announce QE in his prepared remarks or something. It's bizarre.. He didn't say anything negative at all. Yet, they feel the need to hit gold 10 bucks on the fact bernanke said nothing.

God i hate trading gold during the summer months.

Fed is talking slower growth (sub 2% GDP in 2nd half) and his speech is pretty dovish. Still, people seem to want him to announce QE in his prepared remarks or something. It's bizarre.. He didn't say anything negative at all. Yet, they feel the need to hit gold 10 bucks on the fact bernanke said nothing.

God i hate trading gold during the summer months.

I can not access the speech live, but what ever he is saying seems to be causing the USD to quickly gain strength.

:popcorn:

I'm listening now. He just listed 3 tools the Fed is considering: buying Treasuries/MBS, adjusting rates / discount window, and adjusting IOER.

The sell off was nonsense. Gold recovered almost all $20 of it's losses before fading about 1/3 of the bounce. The SPY rallied hard.

Honestly, I don't know who was anticipating bernanke to say anything today. That just seems like foolish speculation.

Better start undermining a few atomic power stations and ensuring the demographic has the majority looking at, or already, retired, to get the true Jap flavour of a successful economy .........

Hard to believe anyone would see Japan as a role model, apart from the model that allows the 'chosen ones' to continue.

Ah yes ! now i see it (-:

Back
Top Bottom