Big volume on the DOW today

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
This is shaping up to run in to an interesting end of session today with unusually high volume. Stocks are drifting around in a twenty point range from -10 to +10, setting up for the possibility of a huge sell off at end of session. Remember, almost every down day with big losses has been on higher than average volume days. With the recently pathetic volume taking the average daily volume below 190mm shares, we are looking at a possible 260 - 320 mm share close today. The question in my mind is sell off or ramp job?

With the bank downgrades and now sovereign downgrades we shall see where sentiment lies in a short while, 3:30 is algo time, so let's see if we fall off a cliff.

EDIT: We are now 25% over average volume with two hours left in this session.

Last edited:
Beat me to it, Derek - super op-expiration today. We'll see what happens at the end. I might be opening or closing a couple trades depending on which way that goes right then.

My bias at the moment is short - I think there's more chance of bad than good news over the weekend at this point, though there's always that hopium risk. It's a cheap drug that usually wears off quick, though. I'll be hosed if someone announces QE, but I think the chances of that are small.

Stinks that most days we don't get any movement during the day hardly, have to work with the gaps between them, harder to get that right.

CFTC says net EUR short position was USD 19bln as of Dec 13th, increases by 18%, the largest net EUR short position since at least 2007

Back
Top Bottom