Bond Bubble to Pop

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Potemkin

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Jim Rogers on the bond bubble that is about to pop...

I guess he's right... it's the next bubble to pop:

EU, US, Japan... all close to popping their bond market... This is crazy!

They accumulate more debt with bonds. At the end they will have to pay the holders for the bonds...

This is a crazy debt spiral... :flushed:

The bond bubble pops when the 10 year rises up to an unsustainable interest rate. With Bernankenstein buying up the whole curve, it could be some time before we're forced to price in reality. On the other hand, if shit destabilizes some more in the MENA, and we decide to get froggy and jump in with some kind of fucked up Presidential Order, all bets are off. I am more worried about the swaps getting triggered when interest rates climb above the invisible line than I am about the actual interest rates themselves. The derivatives are far, far more dangerous than a couple more points on the vig.

Japan has sold most of their bonds to their own people, so when the shit hits the fan over there, it will be largely internal, The USA on the other hand, has pimped our debts out to everyone and anyone willing to fork over the cabbage for the privilege of holding our bonds, and so the wrath will come at us from all directions, but most notably from China. It should make for some interesting footnotes in future history books anyway.

Back
Top Bottom