Faceplant: 28.56 after hours

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Wow, Faceplant got absolutely spanked today. This stock will almost certainly revert to its natural mean, which approaches zero.

The analysis I saw showed it should be $4-5 based on fundamentals, that is, if the profits/margin don't keep going down like they did last quarter...nice multi-bagger if the shorting costs aren't too bad.

When an IPO comes out this late in the game, and for a company that obviously doesn't need the money to invest in more business, it's pretty plain that this was merely the insiders cashing out - and they'd know better than most what's ahead for the outfit.

I also see it as a market top, or nearly - this is based on historical data on big IPOs like this one - they nearly always manage to time them that way.

The analysis I saw showed it should be $4-5 based on fundamentals, that is, if the profits/margin don't keep going down like they did last quarter...nice multi-bagger if the shorting costs aren't too bad.

When an IPO comes out this late in the game, and for a company that obviously doesn't need the money to invest in more business, it's pretty plain that this was merely the insiders cashing out - and they'd know better than most what's ahead for the outfit.

I also see it as a market top, or nearly - this is based on historical data on big IPOs like this one - they nearly always manage to time them that way.

Consider an IPO for any company from the initial entrepreneur's perspective. Do you go public when your company is overvalued or undervalued? I read a paper on this subject this past week. On average, companies underperform their competitors in the 3-5 years following their IPO.

Back
Top Bottom