Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Fiat Ponzi

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DCFusor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Faceplant: 28.56 after hours

Wow, Faceplant got absolutely spanked today. This stock will almost certainly revert to its natural mean, which approaches zero.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
The analysis I saw showed it should be $4-5 based on fundamentals, that is, if the profits/margin don't keep going down like they did last quarter...nice multi-bagger if the shorting costs aren't too bad.

When an IPO comes out this late in the game, and for a company that obviously doesn't need the money to invest in more business, it's pretty plain that this was merely the insiders cashing out - and they'd know better than most what's ahead for the outfit.

I also see it as a market top, or nearly - this is based on historical data on big IPOs like this one - they nearly always manage to time them that way.
ancona and rblong2us like this.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Liked: 683 times
Originally Posted by DCFusor View Post:
The analysis I saw showed it should be $4-5 based on fundamentals, that is, if the profits/margin don't keep going down like they did last quarter...nice multi-bagger if the shorting costs aren't too bad.

When an IPO comes out this late in the game, and for a company that obviously doesn't need the money to invest in more business, it's pretty plain that this was merely the insiders cashing out - and they'd know better than most what's ahead for the outfit.

I also see it as a market top, or nearly - this is based on historical data on big IPOs like this one - they nearly always manage to time them that way.
Consider an IPO for any company from the initial entrepreneur's perspective. Do you go public when your company is overvalued or undervalued? I read a paper on this subject this past week. On average, companies underperform their competitors in the 3-5 years following their IPO.
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote