I missed the boat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
and to think I wasted all that money on PMs and preps....

snip:
The next American wealth boom has officially begun.

It may not feel like it for many Americans. But with the Dow breaching 14,000, shareholders and investors have recovered the more than $8 trillion in wealth lost during the recession and attained levels of paper wealth they haven't seen since the Roaring Oughts.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100420112

Quick, you haven't missed the boat! Hurry up and get in there, everyone is becoming a millionaire these days on the stock market except you!

Hell with the market this good, I'm not just to putting up my life savings but I'm borrowing to buy too!

God bless Paul Krugman and Ben Bernanke! Finally they're letting some of us market savvy guys know about the opportunity not just the fat cat bankers on Wall Street!

But seriously this will probably wind down a bit in a few years, when the dumb uninformed average man on the street finally piles in. You know the one who doesn't have access to the inside business news from CNBC like you and me ;) Man I'm gonna feel sorry for that schmuck!

haha I WAS being sarcastic. I do have a tiny 401k (27k) that basically hasn't changed in five years. We started with that in PMs when silver was 10 oz., it's done somewhat better. :rotflmbo:

:grin:

I love how that report is so obviously contrived!

Oh the wealthy are getting rich on the stock market but don't worry they're only getting in there slowly... Oh and the reason you can't see what we're talking about in the real economy at all is because they're not buying flashy stuff like yachts and cars but really expensive artwork ... :rotflmbo:

BOAT??!!??!?!

What the hell are you thinking dude???!???

NEVER take your precious on a boat. Haven't you learned anything here??

Damn.......I feel like a failure......sort of like a parent who has a kid that embraced Keynesianism.

swissaustrian really nailed this in his post about the high risk of holding stocks now. Yeah, OK, if you had 100% foresight you too could have made 100% (plus dividends) on the S&P 500 off its lows in early 2009.

"Coulda-woulda-shoulda" is not part of my vocab. I am just happy I got out of the financial crash with our assets intact.

Jay and fellow mates! There is nothing wrong with holding some stocks, but as a general rule, the more PMs you physically hold, the better you sleep (like I have to even write that...)

$.02

Is there a .gif of Bernanke furiously pumping a bike tire? Because that would be appropriate here.

"I missed the boat"

...from the title of the topic, I was half expecting to read, how yourself (luckily!) have missed the boat, onto which all of your earthy belongings were already loaded, only to learn later, that it sunk!

...or something :)

Darn just after they told us all the rich people were slowly getting back in...

Sucker Alert? Insider Selling Surges After Dow 14,000 (CNBC)

Insiders have been pulling out of stocks just as small investors are getting in.
There have been more than nine insider sales for every one buy over the past week among NYSE stocks, according to Vickers. The last time executives sold their company's stock this aggressively was in early 2012, just before the S&P 500 went on to correct by 10 percent to its low for the year.
"Insiders know more than the vast majority of market participants," said Enis Taner, global macro editor for RiskReversal.com. "And they're usually right over a long period of time."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom