Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Fiat Ponzi

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ancona

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
PM Bug Supporter

Liked: 691 times
Lack of Confidence in World Currencies

Many of you already know that I have been following Bitcoin as a beginner amateur. Here is a screen shot I took after half an hour of fiatleak.com showing currencies being changed into Bitcoin at the exchanges late this morning (US ET). I presume thios is more "action" than normal, but multiplying out those numbers would show $450,000,000 daily being changed from world currencies into Bitcoin... And that is just people changing Bitcoin (BTC) at the exchanges, this does NOT include "mining" BTC or spending them.

People are running away... And I will let you know if a neophyte like me can change BTC into gold soon. Bubble it may be, but this is worth watching.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnH...ZxZVhTdzA/edit

My math: (10,240 BTC * 2 half hours per hour) * (24 hours) * $925 / BTC = approx. $450,000,000 per day

EDIT:

This 30 minute interval may NOT be representative of those through a whole day. But, the picture is still instructive.

Last edited by DoChenRollingBearing; 12-06-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: checking my arithmetic... not representative either...?
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
Ground Beetle

Liked: 388 times
Unfortunately, your link takes me to a Google login page, and I have no interest of being tied directly to the Google monster.

http://mmerlinn.com

GOLD is the money of KINGS.
SILVER is the money of GENTLEMEN.
BARTER is the money of PEASANTS.
DEBT is the money of SLAVES.
- Norm Franz
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
BTC will ultimately go the same way as Bernard Von Nothaus, after the government declares it to be counterfeiting.
Jay likes this.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
PM Bug Supporter

Liked: 691 times

Ahh, indeed my link is no good, a lot of computer stuff I am not good at.

I do not know enough about Bitcoin to state truthfully its strengths and weaknesses. But, I am looking into it because there is utility there if it works as I hope.

For example, soon (I hope to put the deal together tomorrow) I hope to buy some gold with BTC...

:B:

/LOL...
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote