Merica!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
According to the newest Frasier Institute’s Economic Freedom of the World Index (released yesterday), the US ranked as one of the world’s freest economies from 1980 through 2000.

Since then the decline has hastened.

The US dramatically slipped to 9th in 2005 and its decline has continued ever since, to the point where the United States is now rated less economically free than Jordan.

This is no accident.

The mushroom cloud expansion of regulation has stifled small business and innovation.

Even more significantly, property rights and respect for rule of law that once defined the country have eroded.

From an alarming increase in government seizure of private property under the guise of eminent domain, to blatant disregard for the property rights of bondholders during bailouts, the US has plunged to #36 in the world in respecting property rights.
And then there's this... (via Rasmussen)
70% Oppose Police Seizure of Property Without A Criminal Conviction

Americans strongly believe someone needs to be convicted of a crime before their property can be seized, even though that’s contrary to current federal law and police practice.

Which means a rather stunning 30% of Americans believe it is fine... WTF!?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-08/land-free-ranks-36th-world-respecting-property-rights

This saddens me. America is losing sight of a foundational pillar that made it great.

Property rights and the rule of law, which was pretty much non-aggression. That was the old America, one I've only read about.

Today we are ruled by men.

In some ways I wish they would just drop the freedom and democracy act and openly declare the debt slave empire. I think it may be easier to digest when what you are told matches reality, even if that reality sucks, than to try to live in the charade.

Back
Top Bottom