Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Fiat Ponzi

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ancona
  • 1 Post By ancona

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Russia-V-Ukraine

I'm watching this Ukraine situation unfold, as the west makes mistake after mistake. The only reason there are sanctions on Russia is because the EU did not want them to be loyal to Russia. Nothing more and nothing less. This is about politics pure and simple.

These assholes will eventually put too much pressure on Putin and he will simple walk in and take the Ukraine [back]. They had better watch how they move going forward, because it isn't a game to Putin, since he plays for keeps.
mmerlinn and Chigg like this.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2456 times
I'll admit that I'm really not paying as much attention to this issue as I probably should. I think there is a lot of posturing happening, but in the end, everything significant that happens over there is going to be done "below the table". It's not in anyone's interest to escalate a direct confrontation between Russia and the West.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Putin just declared a ban on ALL imported food from sanctioning countries. It's usually a very bad idea to bite the hand that feeds you. Russia spends more than a few nickles and dimes in the grand scheme of things, and they control the east pretty much by themselves in the north, and china has the south. If we fuck with Russia too hard, their newest and 'bestest' buddy [China] may just flex their financial muscles. They could cripple us pretty quickly simply by dumping a couple hundred billion in bonds.
"
Putin is far better at tit for tat" than out idiot in chief.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #4

Liked: 280 times
Putin is definately good at tit for tat. I agree with Bug that a west vs RU war is not good for anyone, but Russia would ultimately lose that one. Russia is strong but not unstopable, I don't think anyone really is anymore. Putin knows this and maximizes what he can without going over the edge.

Meanwhile, President Ebola tweets foreign policy between putts.
dontdeBasemebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Yellow Jacket

Kiev is on fire again, and Russia is on full alert along the border. There is no way that Ukraine can possibly hold Putin back if he really wants the Ukraine. Europe will be the ultimate loser in this game of brinksmanship in my opinion, since Russia has a pretty fat reserve of cash on hand, and a new, very, very rich friend in China. They are also courting various and sundry other nations that are no longer interested in being the United States bitch.

It's getting interesting very quickly now.
PMBug likes this.

Last edited by ancona; 08-08-2014 at 08:53 AM.
ancona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 31 times
Maybe the Russians will team up with Cuba once again and fill Castro's island with their missiles.
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote