Worse than the FED?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://investmentwatchblog.com/where-should-gold-be-based-on-inflation/

I was reading the above article about inflation and where gold prices should be moving. We always talk about the FED and all of it's production of more USD, but it looks like the ECB is outpacing the FED in new money production.

"Thanks to its bond purchases as well as its LTRO 1 and LTRO 2 schemes, the European Central Bank (ECB) has in fact grown its balance sheet even larger than the Fed."

With recent articles posted here on PMBug about additional printing by the Bank of England, Bank of Japan, and many others, how can we not expect world wide inflation?!

The ECB and Fed are tied at the hip. If only there were some real transparency on the shell games played with swaps, primary dealers and so forth.

We are somewhere between ankle and knee deep right now in the global fiat ponzi death spiral. Central banks are dancing with each other in this currency war race. It's a delicate game trying to debase, but not too much relative to each other.

So far, the paper (futures) market has been held in check for all the would be canaries in the mine (gold, silver, etc.). One day it won't. Until then, I keep stacking.

I don't know where these numbers are coming from. It seems that the FED and the ECB have been inflating at a similar pace since the official introduction of the Euro in 2003:
ECB+vs.+Fed+Balance+Sheet.png

Well, to be fair, the blue line is above the red line in your chart - validating the quote in the OP.

Well, to be fair, the blue line is above the red line in your chart - validating the quote in the OP.
Ok yes, might be one of the reasons for QE unlimited.
Ben to Mario: "My printer is bigger than yours".

Back
Top Bottom