Dead: Goldmart

No longer in business

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1.00 star(s)
1 Rating - Raters
Avoid GOLDMART

The absolute worst company ever. They don't have any inventory, but continue to sell! I ordered over a month ago and they promise you the world, but nothing ever gets done. They lied to you just to get you off the phone. I ordered $18,000 in silver rounds and 10oz bars and I cannot get anybody to give me a straight answer when or why it has not been shipped. They don't return emails or phone calls, they simply ignore you! I don't know what to do at this point. Has anybody else other than myself and Monster had a similar experience with these idiots?

That would be beyond frustrating. Please do let us know if they resolve your order (one way or another).

Good luck Silverman. They have the worst customer service. My order earlier this year took 7 weeks.

I have been waiting on an order from Northwest Territorial Mint since Dec. 21st. Last e-mail said next week for sure. Both orders were all silver.

I am wanting to buy some gold (15-20oz.) in the next few days but am hesitant because of the poor service I have experienced in the short time I have been "stacking".

Agree...worst

Hello all, new here to this forum.
Let me say, $15,000 grand in silver orders from Goldmart. Personal check received, well here is a copy of my most recent chats with Maria....
Hi Maria?

Customer Service

We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment,

please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

You (click to change)

This following is all from yesterday's chat with your reps........My question is ship out today (Which was yesterday) stated in your text must not mean today? My order status has not changed...one iota. ....CHAT TEXT...Hi, order # @@@@@@@ . Goldmart acknowledged receipt of my payment on March 14th. Almost 2 weeks ago. I have not heard a peep about my order. What is up?
You are currently being served by
Maria C.
Maria C.
Hello and thank you for visiting Goldmart.com, America's low cost gold and precious metal dealer.
Let me check on this for you one moment.
Maria C.
James it looks like your first eligible shipping date was scheduled for yesterday(Tuesday 26th of March). Since we were closed due to passover yesterday we will get your order out for you today. If there is any issues with your order i will be in contact.
James <redacted>
OK. eligible? OK whatever. That is fine. Thank you processing my order. I am excited it is shipping today.

You are currently being served by
Maria C.

Maria C.

Let me pull up your order one moment.

You (click to change)

?

Maria C.

James, your order was pulled out yesterday i do apologize it was not able to make the cut off time. I spoke to the shipping manager and i am assured your order is going out today.

We have been having a glitch in our system and email are not being sent out as we state between 5 & 6 pm. If you would like to get tracking give me a call or send me a chat at about 4pm pacific time please.

You (click to change)

Now that I appreciate... a simple explanation puts me at ease. It was easy. I perfectly understand...stuff happens...I have committed so much stuff in my life it would take volumes to list it all. Thank you for the info and Bless ya. Bye for now.

Last message received at 12:54am

Now today I sent a general message on their Contact us page. I associated my being assured that my order would be shipped on Thursday to that of a LIAR! I asked how they feel personally when they are LIED to. If this is how the treat those that come for their services...once I get this order. I don't care how much cheaper they are...I am not coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just filed a BBB report including my CHAT TEXT with Maria. Strange they say "all" their customer service reps are busy with other clients yet Maria is the only one I've ever talked to....hmmmm, another lie?

Hello all, new here to this forum.

On March 17 put my 10th order with GoldMart.(ASE)
I received payment conformation on March 20.
Since then dealt with Maria (Calls, chats).
The long story short - with my last order I have the same experience as "nysparkie".
I'll try again on Monday.

Eight previous orders were shipped the same day the payment confirmation was received.
One order from January 2013 was delayed due to Mint shortage. (Canadian ML)

Last edited:
As reported earlier in this thread I had decent results purchasing platinum from them some time back.

However, based on all that I have read, I doubt that I will purchase from them again.

Word to the wise: Saving a few bucks on premiums is not worth the headache of very bad customer service and long delays in shipping.

Stick with reputable dealers like
Your local coin shop
Apmex
Provident
Gainsville
Tulving
Probably a few others I have missed.

Last edited:
I wonder if, with recent events in the world driving increased demand for physical gold and silver, and their low prices, Goldmart might be overwhelmed a bit with orders (ie. much higher than normal sales volume). Because it sounds like the issues that neoPM, nysparkie, etc. are experiencing with order placed in the last month were not evident last year.

In any event, I do hope Goldmart improves their communications, deals with customers honestly (trust is paramount here!) and makes good on their promises.

Let's see how they respond::
pmbug said:
Hi,

I own pmbug.com - a discussion forum for precious metals enthusiasts.

There is a section on the forum where members can post comments / reviews of various precious metals retailers such as Goldmart. We've had a discussion thread dedicated to Goldmart since December 2011:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f8/goldmart-268/

Within the last month or so, this <discussion> thread has been the number one result in Google for "Goldmart review" and the thread has started attracting a number of disgruntled Goldmart customers.

There seem to be a lot of complaints about poor communication and delayed shipping. For potential customers reading the thread, it brings to mind a lot of questions about Goldmart's trustworthiness (in my opinion).

I do hope that you will be able to resolve the issues mentioned in the thread with the customers who are complaining. It would be great to see these customers (and more) singing your praises as a dealer that delivers on their promises of selling gold and silver at very competitive prices.

If you (ie. an official Goldmart representative) would like to engage the pmbug.com community (and the much larger audience of "lurkers" - folks who read the site without registering an account) and directly address the issues in the discussion thread, you are welcome to do so.

Cordially,
pmbug

P.S. I am posting a copy of this correspondence in the thread.

Interested in how they respond.

I ordered 100 oz order about 2+ weeks ago. A few days before it was due to ship, they sent an e-mail saying it would be delayed. Several e-mails and a chat with Maria revealed they didn't have one of the items in stock (despite it being shown as in stock).

I mentioned to Maria that there have been several complaints against them, and she said they are aware of the situation, and are trying their best to resolve the issue. I'm really interested if they'll respond to PMBug's e-mail, and if so, what they'll say.

As for my order, they said it'll likely ship middle of this coming week. Will see if it actually happens.

Interesting indeed. I have seen other PM retailers/Wholesalers respond to negative press in forums, most notably over at the now discredited Silver-seek Forums. As I recall, they were pretty quick to resolve matters and 3explain their side of things. Another site I frequently lurk is AR15.com, or as the members over there call it "Arfcom", and several gun manufacturers have dedicated blog/website readers on staff to respond to customer dissatisfaction. In many instances, I have seen the matter cleared up simply and quickly, in others I have seen the "customer" go off on the retailer for no real reason. I suppose airing your grievances on a forum is cathartic on some level, but real customer service is best delivered on the first call.

JMHO

9 business days after payment confirmation.
Talked today about my order status with goldmart representative (not Maria).
I requested the shipment date of my order.
goldmart representative promised to informed me via mail/phone.
End of the day - Nothing no mail, no call.

Later today I tried to "test the water" pretended to be a new customer
Had a chat today with Maria :
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maria C.
Hello and thank you for visiting Goldmart.com, America's low cost gold and precious metal dealer. How can we help you today?

You (click to change)
Hi.
I'm about to order 300 American Silver Eagles.
What is delivery time for 300 American Silver Eagles
from the moment of payment conformation received?
Thanks Jack.

Maria C.
What payment method will you select?

You (click to change)
Bank wire.

Maria C.
Bank Wire 2 - 4 business days*

You (click to change)
Maria, Please correct me if I'm wrong, Goldmart will ship the coins after 4 business days.

Maria C.
Yes.

You (click to change)
Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the legal steps we can take?

Last edited:
:judge: I would suggest the first place is the BBB. Most folks would visit there before committing large volumes of $$$ to buy metal. I would hope they would. I did but yet...there was not much on the BBB site other than a couple of delivery issues which were satisfied satisfactorily. It appears the poop hit the fan after my research. Rats... Other than that, seeing this is usually across state lines...One would have to file a complaint with the Nevada Authorities. Their address is Carson City, NV. State Attorney's Office? I know of no Federal Agency...aka SEC, Banking, Fed Trade Comm., Perhaps a Consumer Protection Agency of some sort. Otherwise...one would have to sue (In Nevada?) for false promise/pretenses/????. JMHO ....

Well I'm having same problem. Ordered 3/14 paid bank wire. Delayed order. Finally says shipped 3/28 suppose to arrive 3/30. Called everywhere today bout package, says package is still in carson city. Called that post office, they say its in Reno. I said to lady if it is lost I'd like to know so I can do insurance claim, she says that package doesn't have insurance. WTF

I'm a first time buyer from goldmart and wanted to give it a try and so ordered a coin. Facing the same problem as other posters. Deposited check at BofA to goldmart.com's account, replied the order email, called them, but no reponse from them yet even after their 7 business days. There is no update on the order status either. Got Maria on chat after several tries and got the "we will update once we get... blah blah,, crap. This is why their business will never grow.

They have a facebook page too. You might want to write something there and see if it gets any traction.

To all: I have been seriously looking for another dealer. The big guys advertise too much and have to pay for that. I am going to buy from these guys very soon. They look pretty good and have very good prices: Midwest Bullion Exchange. One has to invest some sum of money for free shipping yet their prices are more than competitive.
I have checked out their BBB rating. A- yet they have no complaints. Several precious metal bloggers have given them, lets say, two thumbs up. One example: http://serious-speculator.com/2012/08/20/privatebullion-com-a-great-place-to-buy-gold-and-silver/
As always your own DD is warranted. Please let us all know of what you find and think.
By the by: Got a email today from the Nevada BBB. My complaint has gone forward to Goldmart and the BBB is awaiting a answer.

Last edited:
By the by: Got a email today from the Nevada BBB. My complaint has gone forward to Goldmart and the BBB is awaiting a answer.

Hi nysparkie,
What is the email id of the Nevada BBB? I would like to file a complaint.
Thanks

I have to give y'all a warm thanks for all this info on what appears to be a vendor (self)-marked "avoid".

If they were anything other than a small garage operation or a total scam, they'd have jumped all over PMbug's offer already. Either way, the promise of lower premiums is simply not worth the possibility of non-delivery - the risk is not priced correctly for this trader, not even close.
:cheers:

This is the kind of thing an independent forum like this can really kick butt with - and this one does.

This is my email from Nevada BBB...
Complaint ID#: 11026987
Business Name: Goldmart.com

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau. Your complaint was received by the BBB on April 3, 2013 and has been assigned case # 11026987. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
Goldmart.com
PO Box 1893
Carson City, NV 89702-1893

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the company for its response. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response).

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to keep up with the progress of this complaint. To view the details of your case please go to the following website address:

https://www.bbb.org/reno/complaintreply/c
or
Better Business Bureau <reno.tms@bbb-email.org

Please use the following to log in:

Case ID: 11026987
Password: #####

Sincerely,

Terry Schiller
BBB Trade Practices

Interested in how they respond.

I ordered 100 oz order about 2+ weeks ago. A few days before it was due to ship, they sent an e-mail saying it would be delayed. Several e-mails and a chat with Maria revealed they didn't have one of the items in stock (despite it being shown as in stock).

I mentioned to Maria that there have been several complaints against them, and she said they are aware of the situation, and are trying their best to resolve the issue. I'm really interested if they'll respond to PMBug's e-mail, and if so, what they'll say.

As for my order, they said it'll likely ship middle of this coming week. Will see if it actually happens.

It didn't happen. Received another e-mail saying it would be delayed. I placed my order exactly a month ago, it should have shipped on 03/22. They are 2+ weeks delinquent.

I've been one of Goldmart's biggest defenders up 'til now, but I'm done with them.

EDIT: FWIW, the item they didn't have in stock was silver Philharmonics.

Last edited:
My scheduled shipment was last friday. Called them this evening and the same 'Maria' said that they are in the middle of shipments and I'll get the email in a minute. Nothing yet. I think they are working hard to piss everyone off.

So I called again today asked to speak to manager. She says she sorry its there fault blah blah blah. Told her to over nite my order. Guess what no conformation email

Has anyone asked Goldmart to cancel the order and refund their money?

I am having the same problem with my order on the Philharmonics. It is just as well. I guess if you have been active as I have, you are likely to run into some bad ones. I suspect they are playing the 'markets' with our money. If that is the case, they probably will not honor any refunds or cancellation. On the other hand, if they are at the mercy of their "depositers" for whatever that means? I really do not see why you cannot sell your order stacks back and get the difference. That is If the market has moved on your favor.

My scheduled shipment was last friday. Called them this evening and the same 'Maria' said that they are in the middle of shipments and I'll get the email in a minute. Nothing yet. I think they are working hard to piss everyone off.

Yeah. Anytime Maria C. get stumped, she calls her Big Sis who sounds like Rick Moranis on the other end sucking on a Hoover vacuum cleaner fabricating & spewing excuses and empty promises.

BTW, Goldmart requested of the moderators NOT to be discussed at another PM forum.

No email sounds weird. Maybe they're afraid someone will trace it to their current real location and take matters in hand? That's possible, you know.

Been 8 days since my BBB complaint went forward to Goldmart. Not a peep out of them. BBB Letter states they have 14 days to respond. Why would I expected a early answer? Duh! At least my order came through and my investment is mine....I'd just like to get my Credit Card Number out of their system...I may call Bank and ask for a halt for any payments to Goldmart or any associated names I can find. If and when I receive a response from Goldmart I will post. NEVER MORE...NEVER MORE....

Goldmart - Product arrived on time as promised

I found this forum after I had placed a large order (over 10,000 combined silver/gold) and transferred via bank wire the funds with Goldmart on April 2, 2013. It was my first order with Goldmart and after everything I had read on this forum, I figured I was screwed and would never get my order.

I called Goldmart and was assured that I would receive my order on time. I was told (not by Maria) that there had been a problem with some deliveries being delayed due to an employee leaving (in shipping) in mid-March which caused delays, but that issue has been resolved and they are working to handle the delayed orders. I was also told there were some orders that are delayed because they were waiting themselves on a few backordered products, but they had in inventory what I had ordered so delivery would be no problem. Honestly, I was still skeptical, but what was I going to do? I was at their mercy since they already had the funds.

I did call a few more times to ensure everything was progressing as I was promised and on April 9, 2013 I received an email that my product had been shipped. Today (April 11, 2013), I received the delivery (on time) as promised. The package was discreetly marked, the product was well wrapped, each bar was brand new condition and the order was complete (exactly what I ordered).

I am not posting to minimize the horrible experiences that people have had with Goldmart and/or to "gloat" that I got my order. Not at all, I was really believing I would be in the same boat as you all. I posted because if I were waiting and believing I was totally screwed out of my money I would feel some hope (after the anger wore off) that my order may still come. That is the only reason for this post.

I also agree with the poster who believes Goldmart is playing the metals market, but honestly, I think they all do. This being my first order with any online precious metals dealer I learned a valuable lesson to never make a large order to any of the online dealers via a bank wire. The best protection a person has is when they order with a credit card. If you don't get the product the bank can help to get your money back.

All of the big online dealers like Ampex, Provident, Northwest Territorial Mint and others all have horrific stories about delays, product quality, poor customer service and other horrible things. It seems that it is a crap shoot regardless of where you order if it is from an online dealer.

I will say that I did read forums and reviews before I ordered from Goldmart and almost all reviews were positive up to the last month or so when delivery issues just exploded. Prior to that the Goldmart reviews were outstanding. I just hope that everyone waiting for their order on this forum gets their order sooner than later!

My thought is that Goldmart has really screwed up with some very loyal and good customers along with some new ones! There is no denying that. If I were Goldmart, I would send a few extra silver ounces or coins to the customers that have been waiting so long as a way to apologize for the delays. I know it wouldn't change anything, but good customers are hard to come by and they deserve to not only get their order ASAP, but something for the stress these delays have cost them.

As for me, my experience with Goldmart was a good one. Let's hope that is the new trend and not the exception!

Hi Zelder, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree about "insurance of payment via credit card". That's what you pay for with the ~3% extra fee.

Does Goldmart Acually exist ?

On 3/17/2013 I ordered 140 silver Buffalo Rounds from Goldmart. On 3/22/2013 my check was cleared through my bank. Goldmart sent an E-mail stating they had received that check. Since then, I've heard nothing from them and it is impossible to contact them. Their live chat is never available, only recordings are heard when calling their phone number. I have sent two E-mail requesting the status of my order, but get no reply. Their web page states 7-10 days delivery after delivery of payment. It is now 24 days since my check cleared, but no silver delivery, no status of order sent t. What's with this Goldmart? Do they really exist ?? Has anyone experienced this type of trouble getting their order delivered from Goldmart ? I'm beginning to think I was ripped off. I've dealt with other bullion dealers and never had a problem.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Greg. I could understand if they were selling inventory they didn't have on hand - expecting that they could source it on the dealer/wholesale market - and got caught as it appears that silver is hard to find now, but they should be more responsive with communicating with customers IMO. Please do let us know if they resolve your order (one way or another).

Well my order still has not been shipped. Ivecalled to many times to count. Everyday it's a different story. On Friday I was told they didn't have two things I ordered but they would upgrade my products and would be shipped over night and be here Saturday. Well lets say no package or confirmation email. That is twice my package was suppose to be overnighted. Can't wait for tomorrow to hear this f@cking excuse. And to the guy that said he ordered and received I believe u work for goldmart

And Greg c I ordered same day. I've called them so many times never had a problem talking to any1. So call and call. And every1 ill let u know what excuse they give me tomorrow

Well ladies and gentleman my package has arrived, and they did hold up to there bargain. They did upgrade my silver cause they didn't have maples. Now would I deal with them again, NO. But I did get what I wanted a over a month later and 100 phone calls later. If any one is looking to buy from a place I dealt with liberty 3 times and never ever a problem. To every1 who hasn't received there product keep calling them

Great to hear that you received your order Ringo. Thanks for letting us know.

Glad to hear that Ringo! I am still waiting for my shipment. I called them again and got my daily dosage of lies. I was told they would should out this instantly, TODAY. Yeah right. My status has not changed from last week. Their lack of transparency and hiring young family members to take in calls are unacceptable. The company is a total embarrassment to the PM establishment. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom